Second and Third Monitors are black

general gred

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
I have a computer with a triple monitor display and after a power outage both my non primary monitors went black. Before I go any further I would like to state that I do have a high dollar surge protector. All three monitors run at 2560 x 1440 with DisplayPort cables. My primary monitor still functions fine, but my left and right monitors are black, the computer still recognizes them and my I can click and drag items to and from them. The monitors are on but it seems like they cannot detect any input like they are on sleep mode.

I've already completely uninstalled and reinstalled my Display Adapter as well as do everything I can in the Screen Resolution menu, please help!

Solution
I found a fix, I discovered that the issue was the monitors themselves and that through pushing a certain sequence of menu and up buttons you can reset the monitor itself.
did you try the simple moving the connections?

disconnect the non working ones, plug them into the working connector... display? repeat to ensure all the monitors are OK... now check each cable the same way. all good?

now try the other ports, one at a time... display?

general gred

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012

Both my second and third monitors remain black in the primary port, my primary monitor also turns black in the second and third ports

general gred

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
I found a fix, I discovered that the issue was the monitors themselves and that through pushing a certain sequence of menu and up buttons you can reset the monitor itself.

Solution