DPC Watchdog Violation

Shmoopey

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
So I got a new rig and decided to go for windows 10 but i kinda regret it now because i keep getting DPC watchdog violation most of the time I'm gaming. I already have the standard SATA AHCI Controller but I keep getting the error i also checked my hard drives for errors and nothing came up. Does anybody know any other fixes for this problem?

dgingeri

Distinguished
I doubt it's a Windows 10 problem, as I have not seen this error before among about 200 Windows 10 machines I've had to deal with. From what I just looked up, it sounds like a driver or firmware issue. What are the specs of your machine?

Edit: I've also learned that certain anti-virus programs can cause this error. What AV are you using?

Shmoopey

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
CPU-I7-6700k
GPU-GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 G1 GAMING
Motherboard-ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
16GB Ram Corsair Vengeance

Seagate Desktop 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA- Drive Which has the windows installed on it
and another
WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB

And i just have windows defender thats all.

Shmoopey

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

If youre asking what USB devices are connected then:

Hyperx cloud 2 headset
Steelseries rival mouse
Corsair k30 keyboard
and also H105 240mm water cooler connected to the motherboard.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Ah, that H105 might be it. I had major issues with my H100i. Try disconnecting it for a bit and see if the issue returns.

(I love Corsair products, but that H100i was a major headache when connected. I ran it disconnected for most of the time I had it in my main machine. Now it's in my server, also disconnected. They have never managed to come up with a fix for it.)

If that doesn't do it, try disconnecting devices one at a time, starting from the headset, and try alternate items that aren't too complicated, like a regular audio connector headset and two button mouse, etc.

dgingeri

Distinguished
No, it just won't allow you to change the color of the light on the waterblock or adjust the speed profiles. it will still run without any USB connection, just not quite as customized. It will rely on the firmware default fan/pump speed curve, which is quite effective.