RAM usage is extremely odd; 2GB usage slows down entire system that has 8GB of RAM(read description)

Seth L

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014
What's up with RAM on this OS? While I have 8GB physically installed, all programs/games(even SIW shows 8GB) know/show it's installed, the OS's own system information shows it's installed... However, the task manager hits 100% RAM usage when it's at 2GB(Yeah... I actually did the math, lol...)

Win10 64 Home, so it's not like my OS limits me to 4 if I were using 32(but even that wouldn't explain why it drags, majorly, at 2GB) Programs freeze, things glitch... It's crazy. Entire system's up to date, just got the newest update last night for the OS. All drivers up to date... So I'm at a loss here. I threw the RAM cards into a separate machine to see if they were working properly, and yeah... They're fine. Booted into Ubuntu to see if maybe it's just my board, nope.

Anybody else run into this issue and know how to fix it? It's driving me bonkers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
On desktop, right click This PC, properties
next screen, how much does it show installed and if applicable usable

can you give us a screen shot of the task manager/performance/memory tab

Download CPU-Z and show screen shots of the memory and SPD tabs - SPD shows each stick so if you have multiple, show each page.

right click start
choose run...
type MSCONFIG
open boot tab
open advanced options...
untick Max Memory

Seth L

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014

I never got a notification that this was answered. I apologize.
Max Mem's already unticked.