monitor help hdmi display

adriancar

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
I recently got a new monitor with HDMI support and its not working with my computer. I can use it with my xbox one perfectly fine but my computer it doesn't work.

~Note~
not sure if I was suppose to put this here but if its in the wrong spot move my thread

Solution
Hello... "VGA" connector?

What I've seen is you have to use the main DVI connector First for access... it is "programmed?" to always displays there first or be the "Primary" display output connector, you need to plug into that one. B /

All you need to do is pick up a "Low Cost" male DVI to female HDMI "passive" adaptor as a "simple test" and should get your 'New" monitor working with the GTX760. They should be a common item to find locally if you check around. B /

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DVI-24-1-Pin-Male-to-HDMI-Female-Adapter-Connector-Black-for-Computer-Notebook/47611202
Hello... I have a GTX 760 and Windows 7 too... I find that I have to use the First DVI connector as the "Primary output" on it... the HDMI output only works when adding secondary monitors to it B / and thus would suggest trying a DVI cable or a "passive" DVI to HDMI cable adaptor to your Monitor as a Test.

What type of connection/cable, Video card port, monitor did you use before the New monitor? B /

adriancar

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017

I used the first dvi connector and I also I used another ASUS monitor its quite old not even sure what its called and also what do you mean hdmi only works when adding secondary monitors

Hello... "VGA" connector?

What I've seen is you have to use the main DVI connector First for access... it is "programmed?" to always displays there first or be the "Primary" display output connector, you need to plug into that one. B /

All you need to do is pick up a "Low Cost" male DVI to female HDMI "passive" adaptor as a "simple test" and should get your 'New" monitor working with the GTX760. They should be a common item to find locally if you check around. B /

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DVI-24-1-Pin-Male-to-HDMI-Female-Adapter-Connector-Black-for-Computer-Notebook/47611202

Solution

adriancar

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017

the monitor i have has no dvi connecter only vga

Hello... Yes I know... I looked B )... You will connect the DVI adaptor to the first DVI port on the Video Card... and then connect the HDMI cable to the adaptor and to the monitor... Done ...DVI and HDMI carry the same digital video signals to a Monitor. B )

adriancar

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017

okay thank you for your help and the one you linked works for what I need?