My Windows 10 Computer only starts in safe mode or when Nvidia Display Adapter is disabled

MattxSmack

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
My computer does not properly start up if the "Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti" display adapter is enabled in Device Manager. What happens is the computer turns on, goes past the BIOS screen, shows the Windows loading screen, and then goes black screen. After having a black screen for about 15-30 seconds, my computer either restarts itself right after or displays distorted pixels for an additional 30 seconds and then restarts itself (see pictures)
203032.png

204322.png

A little back story:
Everything was working fine up until yesterday. I was browsing on Google Chrome and all of a sudden my computer completely froze up. Nothing was moving, not even my cursor. After about 30 or so seconds, my PC rebooted itself perfectly. I didn't think much of it until the same event occurred 10 minutes later. This time, my PC did not boot up properly

If I boot my PC in "Safe Mode" or with the display adapter disabled, it starts up fine. Multi-display doesn't work (only one monitor displays) but I know this is due to the Nvidia display adapter is being disabled. My display uses the default Microsoft driver when the Nvidia one is disabled (see picture)
201702.png

I have looked through various online posts about similar issues and have tried many of the suggestions given. I done the following so far:

• -I completely uninstalled my Nvidia drivers via Display Driver Uninstaller by Guru3D. I then proceeded to re-install them in Safe Mode. On boot, I still get the same issue.
    -I ran a memtest and the results came back OK
    -I ran a sfc /scannow and the results came back OK
    -I ran a chkdsk and the results came back OK
    -I ran start up repair and the results came back OK

With all those tests coming back with good results and the issue seeming to be "fixed" by disabling my GPU driver, I began to conclude that my GPU is the cause of the issue. I currently have a Nvidia GeForce 660ti and it seemed to be running fine up until yesterday (when the issues started).

Just a side note, after booting in with the display adapter disabled, my monitor has approx. 1-inch black bars on all 4 sides (see picture)
205435.png

With this being said, I want to know if any of you have an idea as to what my issue truly is. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

sorry for any poor image quality, lighting is off in my room