Trying to accurately duplicate Windows on different resolution monitors

Jonwb310

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
Hi,

I just bought a Dell 17" monitor (1280x1024) to go with my primary Dell, a 24" (1900x1200). I'm trying to duplicate the screen in Windows 10. Unfortunately, when I keep the 1900x1200 on the 24", it migrates that resolution to the 17" and everything becomes small and unreadable.

Is there a way to get the 17" to display the duplicate screen in its native 1280x1024 resolution? Maybe buy a separate video card and run the 17" with that? Or a DVI splitter?

I should've thought this through better..

Thanks

Geforce GTX 760
Dual DVI

Solution
What you want is not possible using clone mode. For clone mode to work bith monitors should idealy support the same resolution, if the dont 1 is not going to look right.
If you use extended desktop mode you can use different resolutions but the screens will not display the same thing.

bignastyid

Titan
What you want is not possible using clone mode. For clone mode to work bith monitors should idealy support the same resolution, if the dont 1 is not going to look right.
If you use extended desktop mode you can use different resolutions but the screens will not display the same thing.

Solution