Bad Pool Header BSOD

FreeerunFlame

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
I've suddenly been getting stopcode bad poll header on Win 10 a couple of times this week. The screen says that it'll restart but after it reaches 100% it just stays frozen at the same screen forever, no restart even after hours.
How do I fix this issue?
Thanks in advance

Solution
Hey!

1. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue? (Install anything, updates, etc)

2. Do you get any specific error codes?

A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation.------- Device driver issues are probably the most common ------ but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers. (By theory, RAM problems would be suspect for memory pool issues).

Try this:
Method 1:

Disconnect any external devices connected to the computer except the mouse and keyboard, check what happens.

If that doesn't work: Try going into safe mode and seeing if it happens there. If it works in safe mode you may have to uninstall some drivers (or...

SinplySeven

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
Hey!

1. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue? (Install anything, updates, etc)

2. Do you get any specific error codes?

A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation.------- Device driver issues are probably the most common ------ but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers. (By theory, RAM problems would be suspect for memory pool issues).

Try this:
Method 1:

Disconnect any external devices connected to the computer except the mouse and keyboard, check what happens.

If that doesn't work: Try going into safe mode and seeing if it happens there. If it works in safe mode you may have to uninstall some drivers (or programs).

Let me know how it goes!

Solution

Leslie Lightowler

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

Leslie Lightowler

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
I have had 3 PC's come in all on the same day from different parts of Sydney all with this same problem. Am I to assume that a Win 7 Microsoft update has caused the problem.
I reinstalled windows on to a new hard disk drive then copied all the data across to the new install.
All is well so it was not a hardware issue.
On PC 2 1 reinstalled windows onto the same disk which copied all the data to Windowsold and now I am copying that data to the relevant windows folders.
All programmes will have to be reinstalled. www.ninite.com has all the free programmes. You just click on what you want and it reinstalls without any further input from the user.

SinplySeven

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
If it was a driver issue you should be able to remove these without wiping the drive. That all depends on if you can get into safe mode or if you want to use the Windows Repair Tool (which usually doesn't work). I, like you, usually find it faster to wipe the drive. Glad you got it figured out! :D