Monitor Going to power saving mode (Dell) GPU Fans blow

canv852

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
Ok, so this is happened once in a while. I have a GTX 1080 to a DellS2230MX monitor , it's plugged in VIA an adapter to DVI to HDMI. I start playing my game and after a while my monitor goes into a power saving mode and the graphic's fan start blowing fast. I have to restart the computer everytime . The game sound and everything can be heard on the background. Is this a GPU issue or a monitor issue? I don't have and HDMI pure cable or another monitor to check, has anyone had this problem before?

canv852

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from canv852 : "Monitor Going to power saving mode (Dell) GPU Fans blow hard"

Ok, so this is happened once in a while. I have a GTX 1080 to a DellS2230MX monitor , it's plugged in VIA an adapter to DVI to HDMI. I start playing my game and after a while my monitor goes into a power saving mode and the graphic's fan start blowing fast. I have to restart the computer everytime . The game sound and everything can be heard on the background. Is this a GPU issue or a monitor issue? I don't have and HDMI pure cable or another monitor to check, has anyone had this problem before?