Custom PC Build: Amd-fx8350

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Hi,

I have recently been researching components and I have come up with this build:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MatthewBennett/saved/n6p3CJ

Is there anything worth changing or upgrading in this build and are there any problems? I am planning to build this myself and I already have a copy of windows that I will be installing.

My Maximum budget is ~£850 but I would prefer £800 (I know I've gone slightly over already).

Also would you say that the CPU and graphics card are future proof for the next 5 years? and the motherboard 7-10 years?

Please note: I am not going to be building an Intel based system due to personal reasons and also price.

And I will not be building a AMD based system that uses the new Ryzen motherboards and cpus, this is because i am suspecting that they will be out of the budget.

Thanks in advance for any help.

That's a pretty nice build. But that processor isn't good. If you like AMD, you should really wait for their new Ryzen CPUs. And if you don't wanna wait I say you should go with Intel, you could build a decent PC with a 6600k and Z170 Mobo around that budget.
Yes, they may last 5 years but you'll have some trouble, can't say about the mobo.

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

Thanks, can you recommend a processor by amd since I don't want to buy brand new tech since it will have bugs and also will cost quite a bit.

UPDATE: sorry just read the edit...

Yeah sorry I had to change my mind. There's really nothing worth the budget from AMD that's why everyone is waiting for their new line of processors, if you want, I can make you a parts list for an intel PC.

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

if you can please.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Even the latest generation of CPUs will have a variety of models at various price points. And you don't really have to worry about bugs when it comes to hardware... (although yes it's possible).

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

Hi,

would you recommend going to intel or waiting for Ryzen?

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

ok thanks I'm going to do a bit more research.

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

I would preffer a AMD cpu because:

1. intel cut the drivers for a i3 that was only 3-5 years old for windows 10 (yeah I know its a bit old so i makes sense)
2. the price compared to intel.

Vanquisher71

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
Then wait for the Ryzen CPU's. If you don't find one with prices that suit you, take a look at what deals Intel could potentially be offering (to compete with AMD's new CPU release)

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

ok thanks for your help

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

1) What drivers (and what CPU)? If you're talking about display drivers, that's irrelevant if you're using a discrete graphics card (which is what you say you're doing). Not to mention the fact that 3-5 year old integrated graphics would be obsolete for modern games anyways, making new drivers for them kinda pointless.
2) For a given performance level, Intel isn't really more expensive than an AMD. People tend to think AMD is cheaper because you can get more cores (and/or higher clocks) at a given price point, e.g. an 8 core FX-83xx for around the same price as an i3, but the fact is that i3 tends to perform as well or better in most common tasks.

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

1. I don't have access to the model number of the i3 at the moment it was an integrate graphics cpu aswell, and It doesn't matter I spoke to them as soon as I found the error.
2. I'm currently looking at this possibly with a i3 or i5... https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/qq28zM
any thoughts?

Vanquisher71

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
I could be wrong (things get murky and confusing for me at this point) but, have you ensured you'll have WiFi and Bluetooth with that build? Unless your using an Ethernet cable and a Bluetooth Adapter?

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

Don't worry I've got a power line adaptor (I'm using Ethernet) and I've got a Bluetooth USB.

Finished looking at Intel CPUs any thoughts: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MatthewBennett/saved/J7qBmG

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

yes, but not high end games (in the middle) also I plan to upgrade to a i7 when they become cheaper. The point of this machine is for a fast, OK at playing games around the same specs as rocket league and the main point for it to be future proof as much as possible.

thanks for your help.

Note: just updated this since it comes with a CPU cooler: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MatthewBennett/saved/J7qBmG

Vanquisher71

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
Well then your going to need to change your CPU. A dual core is useless for gaming at this point, and you DEFINITELY won't be able to run Rocket League

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

This may seem completely stupid but is it worth buying a second hand i7?

Honestly, no. You have a decent budget so why would you want to? It could go bad in 1 month.
Anyways, sorry I had to sleep last night so I couldn't make you that build. I guess you'll be waiting for Ryzen then?

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Ok, Long story short (research and what you have said) I'm not going to buy a second hand CPU.

I've decided that I'm going with Intel because I don't want to buy ryzen since it will be brand new and because of how old the AMD CPUs are.

I have come up with this new version of the build with a m.2 Solid state drive and an Intel i5: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MatthewBennett/saved/PGMTWZ

Is there anything worth changing or upgrading in this build and are there any problems?

Thanks again for all of your help.

You have a Z170 motherboard which supports CPU overclocking but you don't have an unlocked processor, either save on the mobo and get something else, or add in some more money and get a 7600k, sorry I would've redone parts needed but I don't have time.