Various Driver related Blue screens

TOExHEAD

Honorable
Jul 18, 2015
I was having loads of blue screens on my main pc after coming back from Christmas break, so I reinstalled windows to try to fix the issue. Now I am still having blue screens(not as often and different errors), usually while gaming but not always. And the the errors all seem to be driver related and and having trouble finding out which driver is causing the issue. I have tried out a few guides I have found while googling but none seem to be helping me find the problem.
Error codes that I remember:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY
These have been the only ones I think since re-installing windows, I don't remember the ones I was having before but I think they were related to the registry.

System Specs:
i7 5820k (no overclock currently but normally @ 4.2Ghz)
GTX 980 (no overclock)
MSI GAMING 7 X99A MOBO
32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz

If some one could tell me the best way to look for registry errors and scan all drivers for issues or something, that would be great. Or if I am wrong about the source of the problem, please let me know too.

Solution
What version of your Nvidia GPU driver are you using? I have been having similar issues and I think its the new driver version 376.33 that is causing them. I recently downgraded my driver to 376.09 to see if I still have them and I will let you know. Also download WhoCrashed from http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed and analyze your dumps. Once you analyze it will popup a window telling you to scroll down for information on your dumps and crashes. It will tell you if any suspected drivers are related to your crash or if it's possible hardware related. That is where I would start and also maybe run Memtest86 + on your ram to eliminate it possibly causing any issues. I'm no pro on this but I can offer you a few things if you haven't...

DaGrimMan

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
What version of your Nvidia GPU driver are you using? I have been having similar issues and I think its the new driver version 376.33 that is causing them. I recently downgraded my driver to 376.09 to see if I still have them and I will let you know. Also download WhoCrashed from http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed and analyze your dumps. Once you analyze it will popup a window telling you to scroll down for information on your dumps and crashes. It will tell you if any suspected drivers are related to your crash or if it's possible hardware related. That is where I would start and also maybe run Memtest86 + on your ram to eliminate it possibly causing any issues. I'm no pro on this but I can offer you a few things if you haven't tried them to see what's causing your issues. When I ran all the above and then some WhoCrashed suggested I update my GPU driver but it was already the latest version and I had used DDU several times to clean wipe the drivers and reinstall them with no luck. Hence why I am installing and older GPU driver to test. Hopefully I or someone can help you get it resolved.

Solution