Triple Monitor Setup - 27 Inch and 24 Inch

yoToco94

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I just got myself a new ASUS ROG PG278R monitor to change my center monitor of my triple setup. This monitor is 2k with 160Hz. The monitor works fine but I've started to notice that my side monitors now lag a little bit playing videos while I've my cente monitor set up to 144Hz or more. My side monitors are two old Asus 23 inch monitos with 60Hz. I was wondering, can I change my two side monitors to two 24 inch 1920 x 1080 144Hz monitors and the lag will go away or do I need to get two 27 inch 2k monitors with 144hz? I dont plan on doing surround as I'm already passed through that. My GPUs are two EVGA 1070 FTW in SLI.

Thank you

Solution
It's a matter of perspective in sales. It's playing on ppls gullibility. A 2k monitor just sounds so much 'more' than a 1440p, which sounds barely bigger than a 1080p monitor. Reality is that a 1440p is a whole lot more than 1080p to a gpu.
So don't feel bad about any confusion, it's understandable, without actually being educated you fall into the category of being led by the masses, which were educated by sales reps trying to cheat you out of extra $. 500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's the frequency, not the resolution that's causing any lag. And size doesn't matter, 1080p on a 23 is the same as 1080p on a 65". What you are dealing with is 2x monitors at 60hz and 1 at 144Hz +, and thats never easy on a gpu. You'll also have differences in v-sync and G-Sync that all 3 have to deal with, coming from the same gpu. Matching the 144Hz would be best, but start with making sure there's no conflicting settings.

yoToco94

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Thank you Karadgne, currently I've my setup as the 27 inch monitor to the top GPU and the other two monitors to the second GPU. If I take the SLI out, will the lagging stop since each GPU is controlling the monitors separated?

Thank you,

yoToco94

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Thanks for clarifying that. No argument incoming your way, I'm new to the whole resolution of 2k/4k and different refresh rates. :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a matter of perspective in sales. It's playing on ppls gullibility. A 2k monitor just sounds so much 'more' than a 1440p, which sounds barely bigger than a 1080p monitor. Reality is that a 1440p is a whole lot more than 1080p to a gpu.
So don't feel bad about any confusion, it's understandable, without actually being educated you fall into the category of being led by the masses, which were educated by sales reps trying to cheat you out of extra $. 500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat.

Solution