No Display or POST

Pa_Amp

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
I recently purchased an asrock h170 pro4 along with a pentium g4620 and dual channel crucial ballistix LT 8gb ram for a new pc build. I had an old gtx 960 an I am using that. When I boot up my pc nothing happens on the display but the fans turn on. Along with that it turn off about 10 seconds in and turns back on. None of my USB ports are working as well. Very confused.

Solution
Not necessarily in order.

1) Take out the GTX960 for now and use the iGPU (connect to the motherboard) if possible.
- watch out for a retention clip on the motherboard when removing the dGPU

2) make sure the system memory is in the correct slots (see motherboard, but possibly #2 and #4).

3) check CPU mounting as suggested if in doubt. It's hard to misalign the CPU, and also I don't think there are "pins" to break. More like bumps, and the CPU should be really HARD to mount with the lever if it's not sitting properly.

4) double check the POWER cables
- 24-pin
- 8-pin near CPU

5) PSU:
You had this one before and tested? Then probably works. If really stumped it may be the CPU or motherboard. Pretty hard to tell when nothing works.

UnspokenWhale

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
Double check that all your cables are plugged in correctly. If it's still not working, make sure the CPU pins on your motherboard aren't bent and that your RAM is inserted all the way and in the correct slots for dual channel.

Not necessarily in order.

1) Take out the GTX960 for now and use the iGPU (connect to the motherboard) if possible.
- watch out for a retention clip on the motherboard when removing the dGPU

2) make sure the system memory is in the correct slots (see motherboard, but possibly #2 and #4).

3) check CPU mounting as suggested if in doubt. It's hard to misalign the CPU, and also I don't think there are "pins" to break. More like bumps, and the CPU should be really HARD to mount with the lever if it's not sitting properly.

4) double check the POWER cables
- 24-pin
- 8-pin near CPU

5) PSU:
You had this one before and tested? Then probably works. If really stumped it may be the CPU or motherboard. Pretty hard to tell when nothing works.

Solution