Windows 10 ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0 Crash

CreeprGaming

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
My computer keeps crashing and i dont know how to stop it. When it crashes it says irql not less or equal, And when i look into it i says the crash address is ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0. Please help

Edit : Here is the mini dump from WhoCrashed

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: AARONSPC
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 14393
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: XPS 8700, Dell Inc., 0KWVT8
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 25718628352 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 3/30/2017 7:55:51 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\033017-27531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E7C0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8024AA54FD7)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 3/30/2017 7:55:51 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase!EnterCrit+0x3C)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8024AA54FD7)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kbase.sys
description: Base Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 3/30/2017 6:36:34 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\033017-30625-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x113, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801A40C91B5)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 3/30/2017 5:04:30 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\033017-32171-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x113, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802960C91B5)

On Wed 3/29/2017 8:18:02 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032917-25718-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF802E92249BE, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

Conclusion

51 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 5 are included in this report. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 378.92 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Colif

Win 11 Master
new technology operating system kernel (ntoskrnl) is heart of windows, one of its jobs is to deal with driver requests and often gets the blame for them.

Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

basically, the general procedure for a bugcheck is to remove any overclocking software, update the BIOS and update the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendor. (these are the most common fixes)

beyond that you would have to get someone to look at your memory dump file from c:\windows\minidump directory.

Alex_Ust

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

I currently have the same issue with my PC. No overclocking apps are installed and all drivers and BIOS are up-to-date...
Can you please analyze my dump files and tell me what is the issue ?
7Z file can be downloaded from here.

Please assist me with this issue. Thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master

You should make a new thread about it with the link you attached so more than just 2 people will look at problem for you :)

How many raid drivers did you install??

There's the Nforce raid drivers which are 3 yrs old nvraid.sys

Via raid drivers vstxraid.sys they're 4 yrs old

SiS AHCI Stor-Miniport Drivers sisraid4.sys they're 9 yrs old

MEGASAS RAID Controller Driver megasas.sys 2 yrs old

Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Media Driver HpSAMD.sys 4 yrs old

L1C63x64.sys Qualcomm wireless drivers are 4 yrs old

I would uninstall AVG for now then use their removal tool. This can cause some of the stop errors in this dmp file

This file vsdatant.sys zonealarm is also crashing with a 0x3b stop error. Not a good idea having 2 firewalls. They'll conflict with each other

Alex_Ust

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Dear Paul,

Much appreciate your fast reply.

I haven't install any RAID drivers by myself - I guess I got it from OS during initial installation.
Currently I have 2 Internal and 1 disks with no RAID between them:
1. Internal SSD 250 GB HD for system
2. Internal SATA3 2TB HD for data
3. External USB3 1TB HD for backup
I have this RAID option in the BIOS, but not using it since its irrelevant for me.

If I will remove AVG and and ZA, will it prevent my computer from BSOD?
How can I remove or update those RAID drivers? Do they cause BSOD too?

I have no idea how the raid drivers got installed then. You did do a clean install of windows on this right??

Not move the hdd from another system (that had an OS on it, and did use raid) into this system?

Removing AVG and ZA should fix something. Since AVG can cause one or more of these stops errors. And having 2 firewalls, they'll try and kill each other. And can cause crashes

But having so many raid drivers may cause other probs

Alex_Ust

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

This was a clean install on SSD, that was purchased for this purpose.
Is there a way to remove unnecessary RAID drivers? I do not see any RAID devices in my "device manager" list...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you use any driver updating software (like Driver Booster?) as those programs can and do install the wrong software, if you let them.

couldn't you go to device manager, Click View tab and select Show hidden devices. Expand the branches in the device tree & look for the faded icons. These indicate unused device drivers.

Right-click on it and select Uninstall.