Computer display goes into sleep mode while gaming

Wilbur-Michael

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
My computer is a Core 2 Quad Q6600 (G0 stepping) and a Nvidia 1050 ti (msi) randomly while games play the computer will suddenly turn off the display. I have testing Ram, Nothing is overheating (GPU max of 45C and Cpu max of 59C) and the cable stays in, I have tested different monitors and the hardware should be good. The only thing I can think of is the drivers or the copy of windows is broken, I have disable the display turns off selection in windows and sleep states in my BIOS. and it turns off even when I'm not overclocking the cpu.
I have NVidia 376.33 version of the game ready drivers.

The Motherboard is a ASUS p5n-e sli, auto overclock to 10% 2.64ghz

Solution
There are two settings that can cause this.

Change Screen Saver Settings
1. Right click on the desktop, then click Personalize.
2. Click Screen Saver on the bottom of the Personalization window.
3. To change how long until your screen saver activates, increase or decrease the number of minutes in the Wait box.
4. To enable or disable password protection, check or uncheck “On resume, display logon screen.”
5. To change your screen saver, click the drop down box under “screen saver” and chose a different one.

Change Power Settings
Open Power Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.
Under the plan that you want to change, click Change plan...

Muzzammil22

Respectable
Jan 28, 2017
There are two settings that can cause this.

Change Screen Saver Settings
1. Right click on the desktop, then click Personalize.
2. Click Screen Saver on the bottom of the Personalization window.
3. To change how long until your screen saver activates, increase or decrease the number of minutes in the Wait box.
4. To enable or disable password protection, check or uncheck “On resume, display logon screen.”
5. To change your screen saver, click the drop down box under “screen saver” and chose a different one.

Change Power Settings
Open Power Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.
Under the plan that you want to change, click Change plan settings.
On the Change settings for the plan page, choose the display and sleep settings that you want to use when your computer is running on battery (if applicable) and when it's plugged in.
For more options, click “Change advanced power settings” and for even more click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" (if available).
When you’re done click OK.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS