Display set up worked, unplugged, plugged back in, no longer works.

Ralwor

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
I have a GeForce GTX 760, and for about a year i have had a working dual screen setup with a basic 48" tv as my main display for sitting on the couch and an ASUS VG236 for doing design work.
I decided to move the tv into another room temporarilly and when i plugged it back in, the screen said "no signal" so i thought id have to restart the system to let nVidias television detection system set it up like it did before.

Well the asus works when its all by itsself but as soon as the tv is detected, both the asus and the tv show "no signal".
I have found countless similar problems via google but none quite like this.
I have tried:
Lowering the resolution (even though the tv's native is 1920x1080 60hz)
Swapping the dvi plugs
On another tv (works but screen too small dont wanna buy new tv)
moving the video card to a new port
Reinstall drivers
Check all connections to the card
Pretty much everything that worked for everyone else!

The exact configuration which was working before i unplugged the cord from the tv no longer works after having plugged in and gee id like to know why.

Solution
Well it appears I have remedied the issue through some kind of "I want this so imma fiddle" magic.
It turns out that for reasons unknown to me, I woke up with the wierdest of ideas: Connect the smaller TV that works, and then try to connect the TV I WANT to work again. Well that was half the magic. I was able to connect to the 48" without losing signal to the other display units, which allowed me to fiddle some more, and I had discovered that through some freakish confusion on the side of my PC, the settings for the TV was set to 120hz, which I was unable to see due to the issue I brought to you.
Being able to actually SEE how the screen was connected allowed me to change this to 60hz and now we're golden.

All this because I unplugged...

Ralwor

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Ralwor : "Display set up worked, unplugged, plugged back in, no longer works."

I have a GeForce GTX 760, and for about a year i have had a working dual screen setup with a basic 48" tv as my main display for sitting on the couch and an ASUS VG236 for doing design work.
I decided to move the tv into another room temporarilly and when i plugged it back in, the screen said "no signal" so i thought id have to restart the system to let nVidias television detection system set it up like it did before.

Well the asus works when its all by itsself but as soon as the tv is detected, both the asus and the tv show "no signal".
I have found countless similar problems via google but none quite like this.
I have tried:
Lowering the resolution (even though the tv's native is 1920x1080 60hz)
Swapping the dvi plugs
On another tv (works but screen too small dont wanna buy new tv)
moving the video card to a new port
Reinstall drivers
Check all connections to the card
Pretty much everything that worked for everyone else!

The exact configuration which was working before i unplugged the cord from the tv no longer works after having plugged in and gee id like to know why.

Ralwor

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
Well it appears I have remedied the issue through some kind of "I want this so imma fiddle" magic.
It turns out that for reasons unknown to me, I woke up with the wierdest of ideas: Connect the smaller TV that works, and then try to connect the TV I WANT to work again. Well that was half the magic. I was able to connect to the 48" without losing signal to the other display units, which allowed me to fiddle some more, and I had discovered that through some freakish confusion on the side of my PC, the settings for the TV was set to 120hz, which I was unable to see due to the issue I brought to you.
Being able to actually SEE how the screen was connected allowed me to change this to 60hz and now we're golden.

All this because I unplugged the damn thing?!
I doubt this will work for others since everyone who has had similar issues have had very different fixes but here it is, one more thing to try!

Solution