Looking for a budget monitor.

Peterotroll

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2014
I'd like to buy a new monitor for my setup and I don't really know what to look for. I want a 23-24 inch Full HD monitor with a price around 150€ (preferably under but i can stretch a bit).
A friend recomended this model:
I'm going to use it mainly for gaming and I don't know if having an IPS over TN is going to make a noticeable diference.

Thanks in advanced.

Solution
I'm guessing by budget you mean 120/144hz monitors are out of the question?

Depends how cheap you're willing to go, and/or if you want to buy new or used. Depending where you are (Here in the UK) EBuyer do daily deals which regularly include 22"-24" monitors for around £80-90 with a response rate of 1-6ms depending on which monitor is on offer. If you were willing to check eBay you could get rather lucky & find a second hand 120-144hz monitor for 150 euros.

For this price I really don't feel that there is a right or wrong answer because at this price range the specs are more or less the same... So it's a pretty easy choice as far as brands/specs go.

whami1994

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
I'm guessing by budget you mean 120/144hz monitors are out of the question?

Depends how cheap you're willing to go, and/or if you want to buy new or used. Depending where you are (Here in the UK) EBuyer do daily deals which regularly include 22"-24" monitors for around £80-90 with a response rate of 1-6ms depending on which monitor is on offer. If you were willing to check eBay you could get rather lucky & find a second hand 120-144hz monitor for 150 euros.

For this price I really don't feel that there is a right or wrong answer because at this price range the specs are more or less the same... So it's a pretty easy choice as far as brands/specs go.

Solution

Peterotroll

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2014
By budget I mean around 150€ but I'm willing to go a bit up (maybe up to 180) if it is going to make a difference. And as far as I know 144Hz monitors are usually over 200 ( I don't know anything about 120Hz tho) so unless there is something inside my price range they are out of the question.
And also I don't know if my PC will be able to make good use of them since I only have a 4Gb GTX760 (altho I don't usually play AAA games; I mainly play LoL and Overwatch with friends, and some indie games)
By the way I live in Spain.

MBennett

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
I would recommend this: https://goo.gl/KNThnh

I've recently brought two of these and there great.
24 inch
VGA, DVI and Hdmi
1ms response time.

I've had no problems with them so far and the quality of the image is just superb.
I would highly recommend these.

whami1994

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

Not sure if you've chosen yet or not - but as far as I'm aware the 760 is still (somewhat) a decent card for those games - I don't see any issues getting at least 100fps-ish in which case a higher refresh rate monitor would make the world of difference. I would definitely shop second hand to find a 120/144hz monitor at a bargain price - I can't really recommend anything else.

Peterotroll

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2014

In the end I'm going to buy this LG monitor, mainly because a friend has it and when I went to his house I though it looked really nice (altho that's far from an objective reason to pick it haha).
Thanks a lot to both of you for helping me, I really apreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS