Desktop Computer Appraisal

Patrickcv123

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
Hi, this is my first time posting on these forums. I wa wodnering if anyone could help me appraise my desktop PC. Here are the specs:

Motherboard: ASRock Fata1ity H97 Killer
HDD: 250Gb Western Digital
Memory: 16 Gb DDR3
CPU: Intel i5-4460 LGA 1150 3.2 Ghz Quad Core
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 750ti 2Gb
PSU: 875W
Tower: Raidmax Vortex v3 Black

With 2 Red LED fans. does not include any periphials.
Thanks, Patrick

Solution
I'd be a bit more optimistic, assuming everything works. The RAM should get a good amount alone. Older motherboards are the hardest thing to find replacements for and that should retain plenty of value, especially if it has a Windows 10 license attached to it. The HDD is probably not going to get you anything. The CPU should sell well since Intel hasn't improved much even with a few generations to work with. The GPU is dated but still worth a few bucks. The PSU value is unknown without a brand or model. The case probably isn't worth much.

I'd say $300 is a good deal if you sold it as is. Maybe easier to sell parted out.

neatfeatguy

Respectable
May 24, 2016
Okay CPU - not a "K" version so it can't be overclocked. It's a Haswell, so it's already three generations back from the current Kaby Lake that just came out. That doesn't mean the CPU is bad, but people will make note of that.
GPU is at least 3 years old and it was a mid-ranged GPU then, so it's a bottom line GPU by today's standards
HDD is small and it's not a SSD. Most people use SSD of 250GB or so as their main or OS drive and have a secondary HDD of 1TB or more as their storage drive.
PSU - 875W is overkill for that build, by a lot. it also depends on the make/model of the PSU. Someone in another thread had issues with their 800W PSU getting their R9 390 GPU to work. 800W PSU should be ample to run the card, but come to find out, it was a crappy PSU and it couldn't.

All in all, you'd be lucky to get $200-250 for it. Best thing going for it is the CPU/MB/Memory

jrgray93

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I'd be a bit more optimistic, assuming everything works. The RAM should get a good amount alone. Older motherboards are the hardest thing to find replacements for and that should retain plenty of value, especially if it has a Windows 10 license attached to it. The HDD is probably not going to get you anything. The CPU should sell well since Intel hasn't improved much even with a few generations to work with. The GPU is dated but still worth a few bucks. The PSU value is unknown without a brand or model. The case probably isn't worth much.

I'd say $300 is a good deal if you sold it as is. Maybe easier to sell parted out.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS