haidar57

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
Short and simple:
My computer "stats"

MOBO:asrock z77 pro4
CPU: intel core i5 3570k
Graphics Card: Radeon 470 Sapphire

I tried hooking up a dual monitor (which was working in the past)..... My 2nd monitor isnt turning on... (Im 100% the monitors arent the issue, They are new and work on my brothers computer)

My computer only detects my Graphics card when I check the "device manager"... Usually there is a "Display adapter"

I tried booting without the graphics card, and both screens had power, but no signal being sent.

I went to the Intel website and dowloaded the drivers, and I can never complete it, I always get this message. (https://puu.sh/txrYq/284bd0cf37.png)

Im unsure what to do.... I also dowloaded the drivers from the Asrock website...I feel like my MOBO is broken... .But the ethernet, USB, and all the other ports work...

(And yes I tried the VGA, HDMI, and the White port, and none of them worked)

Im relying on my graphics card to see what Im doing on the computer... But I really need my 2nd monitor back

I really appericate the help, and spending time reading this request.. Thank you everyone....

And one thing I forgot to mention... One of the monitors is connected to the Graphics, the other is in the Mobo....

I also did go thru the BIOS, and when I looked through it, the only options I had was PCI express and PCI.. no Intergrated Graphics

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
When you right click on the desktop, and go into the display resolution area, do you see 2 monitors listed there? How about if you click on the extend desktop option? You may have the ability to run dual monitors, but have it disabled in Windows itself. Your processor has built in video for sure? It's enabled in the BIOS? A lot of times you will have to set the Graphics order to be onboard first, and then external ones for the onboard video to stay active.

Blackink

Distinguished
I think if you plug in a graphics card, it disables the integrated graphics.

I would start by downloading the correct Radeon **drivers for your card, remove any and all display drivers you've installed, plug both monitors into the graphics card re-start the PC and install those drivers you downloaded **earlier for the Radeon GPU card and see what happens.

If you're only getting one monitor to work, make sure the other is on and all cables are fully plugged in. If it's still not working, swap the cables and see what happens now...same monitor? Different monitor?

If it's the same monitor, I'd say the monitor might not be set on the correct input....., maybe?
If it's the other monitor after swapping the cables, then it could be the cable that is plugged into the monitor, remember-that cable was just plugged into the other monitor before you switched it.
Or...it could be that output port on the graphics card.

Let us know how it goes.....

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
A lot of our workstations at work have built in video (from the CPU) in addition to external GPU (PCIe Slots) If the video is enabled in the BIOS, and set as the first video option, it won't disable the onboard video if you plug in a GPU.

haidar57

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

No, I only see 1.. It only detects one.
It isnt dected in BIOS.. and My MOBO and CPU does allow Dual monitor.

haidar57

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

I tried Booting my computer without the graphics card.. and my monitors just dont work.

I have the right radeon Drivers, since my graphics card is working perfectly fine. its the Integrated Graphics isnt being detected :(

haidar57

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

The only options i have in the BIOS is
PCI Express and PCI

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
If BIOS isn't detecting the GPU in your processor, then 1 of 2 things is going on.
1 - It's disabled
2 - It's defective.
Are you able to try a different processor in that board, or try your processor in a different Mobo?

haidar57

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

I dont have another MOBO to try it on.... But how would i be able to "re enable" it

Because when I check device manger, My proccesor is dected... But not the Graphics part of it

haidar57

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

When i went to the BIOS for my MOBO, All the options I had is to boot with PCI or PCI express... If I remove the graphics card, and boot... My monitor doesnt even get a singal... But with my graphics card, both monitors work

https://puu.sh/tyU1q/69534f8648.png

My computer doesnt recgonize my "Display adapter"

Im really confused, But it recongizes the Proccesor.. so there should be Integrated Graphics...

TRENDING THREADS