"No Signal" on monitor when connected to new PC build!

CaitlynnFitch

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Hey! I just finished building my first PC, and when I turn it on, everything is running and on, all the fans in my case and on my components are going, but when I connect a monitor to it, the screen shows a "No Signal" message, then goes into sleep mode? The bios won't show up or anything. (Please note that this is a brand new build, and absolutely NOTHING is installed, and the monitor won't stay on long enough for me to see if I can get the bios up.)

I already went through everything on this list : http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems , and everything seemed in check, but nothing got fixed and the "No Signal" sign still shows up.

I know my motherboard is getting power, and I'm not sure what the problem is. I know it's not the monitor itself because it works with my sister's computer.

Here's a list of my specs:
Corsair Air 540 case
ASUS Z87-A Motherboard
GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW Graphics Card
Intel G3258 4 Pentium Processor
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda SATA
Corsair RMx Series 1000W Power Supply
StarTech 7 Port PCI USB Card Adapter PCIUSB7
NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller
ViewSonic VX2252MH 22" Monitor

Am I possibly missing something that would cause my computer to not run properly? Any and all suggestions would be beneficial! Thank you in advance!

UPDATE: It WAS my motherboard. Thank you for your help!

CaitlynnFitch

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

I am using the onboard DVI graphics adapter right now, but it still says "No Signal"? The BIOS aren't showing up and I'm not sure why?

CaitlynnFitch

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

That's what I figured as well, but wanted other opinions. Thank you for your suggestions!

CaitlynnFitch

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

Yes it is! The fans are running, and everything seems to be working in the graphics card.

Sorry about that last one but here's probably my last one. Do you have a TV set to connect the HDMI lead to? I know the monitor works for your sister but I'm out of ideas. This is so basic it came out with Building 1.0 and it annoys me I can't create the same problem here.

So long as the 24 pin and the square 12 Volt plug to the CPU are fully connected, it should work. If you have more than one RAM stick, (you don't specify in your list) try swapping one out and swapping them around one at a time.