Is the i7-6700k the same size of the i5-7500?

BOT Jeff

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
I know that this sounds like a stupid question, but hear me out.

So I recently got a new setup, with the Z170-A mobo and i5-7500 CPU. After setting it all up I realized that the BIOS on the Z170-A needs the new flash update or else it won't recognize that there is even the CPU there. And since it won't recognize that there is a CPU there, I can't update it. See the circle of problems here?

Anyways, my friend has a i7-6700k that he's letting me borrow for a day so I can go ahead and get it updated for my processor and then give it back to him. I just wanted to make sure that I secure it, so that way I don't damage his $350 CPU. I have the box from my i5-7500 and I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to store his CPU in there during transport. Since, you know... the other processor arrived in it. Or is there a better thing that I should do to secure his processor during transport?

Open to ideas, but as of right now, putting it back in the plastic protector that it came in seems like the best idea.

Thanks!

BOT Jeff

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
I'm sorry, let me correct myself here. I know that they are the same socket type. I was wondering if it they are the same physical size, and if not, what would be the best way to transport them? I have the original box with the little plastic container that my i5 came in, and I was planning to place the i7 in it. Figured same socket type same physical size. But I may be wrong.