I Deleted The Bios When Installing Windows 10

• Thread starter Deleted member 2237397
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2237397

Hello. My problem is that while i was installing a clean version of Windows 10 in an old laptot (HP dv5-1119es P/N: ND033EA#ABE), I probably removed the bios. The reason is that during the process of installating the Windows 10 the laptop is suposed to reboot very times. Well, once i rebooted for the first time (Windows 10 required me to do that during the process) the laptot did not enter to windows, it just shows a black screen. And i can't enter the bios. I see the HP logo and "press esc to enter the bios" but if i press esc just nothing happens, i go to the black screen.

What can i do? Thanks

D

Deleted member 2237397

Hello, first of all thanks for your reply. While installing windows 10 i removed all partitions, including the hp recovery one.

I can't acces bios, this is because i thought i removed it. What shoul i do? I can not boot nothin nor enter the bios

BIOS is hard coded in the BIOS chip. Try holding Esc. when pushing start button or try spamming it fast.
You could reset BIOS by taking out battery, disconnect charger and press and hold start button few seconds, replace battery and try again.

D

Deleted member 2237397

Hello thanks for your suport. I uploaded a video on youtube so you can see my problem: https://youtu.be/RCNG-tQwAe0

i tried your both solutions. If i press esc while powering on, just nothing happens. But if i spam it fast the compouter do like 8 or 9 fast and short beeps.

I tried to remove the battery to restore the bios bnut it did not work.

Thanks for all

WhiskeyRO0

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Same thing here, deleted the OS and I can't access the bios. Also, I don't have any cmos battery, maybe it's a little thing but no, there is not a normal pc cmos battery. Hope someone comes with an good answer!

WhiskeyRO0

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Oh, for the OP. You can get the hdd out and install the bootloader and the OS on it from another computer or laptop, I think :p
Hope I helped

D

Deleted member 2237397

The problem is not in the HDD, the problem is that i can't "say" to the bios "hey, boot from hdd", because i can't acces bios.

Thanks for your reply.

D

Deleted member 2237397

Hello, how can i acces to legacy Bios?

Thanks.