Gigabyte Z170X G7 wont recognize the SanDisk SSD M.2 1TB

exisss

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Hi everyone.
long story short, this is the top topic in overclocker website forum..

Gigabyte Rep said i dont need to change anything in bios. but then i believe i have to change the M.2 slot mode from PCIe to M.2 mode.
This Bios looks so weird and different than any other bios. it doesnt have "advance mode" please youtube it and see the bios i have...

SanDisk and Gigabyte reps believe the SSD is damaged or something but if u ask me i think thats not the case, Bios is my solution...

popatim

Titan
You do realize that is just a sata drive in wolfs clothing right? the x400 m.2 is not faster then its sata brother.

Anyways. if you put it in the m2d slot then you need to have nothing in sata3_3
and if you put it in m2h slot then sata3_0 needs to be empty.

If there is a setting in the bios for the m.2 mode, make sure its not set to pcie since the x400 is a sata m.2.
It should also show up as a sata drive I believe and not in the pcie drive lists
Raid mode needs to be off I believe as well otherwise you might not 'see' them anyplace else but in the raid screen.
Motherbd in UEFi mode.

exisss

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

thats the thing, i cant get to find the setting in bios. I know it has to be changed to M.2 Mode but i cant get to find it. It doesn't have advanced mode and its basic version of a bios. u can look it up on youtube,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZdDMbtHX_8
this is the entire bios i have in front of me. it shows u the entire bios i have.