Migration fresh install windows 10 ssd

Tscovil

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
Hi everyone. I am getting a new ssd soon and I want to do a fresh install of windows 10. I have my old one that I installed myself in my pc now but don't want to migrate I'd rather do a fresh for the new ssd. Is it possible to do that through migration without paying for another key? I have the original key with the disks.

Solution
Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

remove old hdd from PC or win 10 will decide to use its boot partition for the ssd, and then if you later remove hdd, ssd won't boot.

Use USB to install onto ssd, when you get to screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will install and then reactivate itself. When you first installed win 10 on PC you got a digital entitlement to always install win 10 on that PC again. You don't need the key.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

remove old hdd from PC or win 10 will decide to use its boot partition for the ssd, and then if you later remove hdd, ssd won't boot.

Use USB to install onto ssd, when you get to screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will install and then reactivate itself. When you first installed win 10 on PC you got a digital entitlement to always install win 10 on that PC again. You don't need the key.

Solution