Need advice on system build.

EasternGuy

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Hello, I'm building a pc for the first time. I'm a programmer and going to use it for variety of things, development, 3D modelling, other graphics apps (photoshop, etc) and some gaming aswell.(1440p monitor).

System:
Motherboard: MSI Z270 SLI PLUS
CPU: Intel I7-7700k
Cooler: NZXT 240mm Kraken X52
RAM: 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
SSD: Crucial 525GB MX300
Case: Fractal Design Define R5
PSU:VGA SuperNOVA G1 750

Some of the things Im concerned with:
* is 750watt power suply enough if I'd want to get second 1070 in SLI when the price goes down in few years?
* Is there any parts that could could obviously be changed for cheaper options without reducing performance? (Kraken water cooler is pricy but I just reealy want it, cpu water cooler is the only part im willing to pay extra for looks)

*Case is pricy aswell, but I want a silent machine, this case has noice-reducing material and looks of high quality. Is there any similar options for considerably less $$ that I'm unaware of?

*I can only consider UK supliers.

*Any other concerns, recommendations, opinions?

Good.Build.
Except for the PSU. G2/G3/GS/P2 are the good series by EVGA.

SLI is imo hardly worth it as it is usually poorly implemented and supported by newer games, imo not worth it, better to buy a 1080.

You could look at the Thermaltake F31 Suppressor
It's usually a bit cheaper than the R5

EasternGuy

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

I don't have the budget for 1080 Now, and Benchmarks show that 2x1070 is better than 1x1080. So I was thinking to get 1070 now and then in two years or so when 1070 will be muchcheaper I could add the second one :/

Well it depends on the benchmark, in synthetic benchmarks of course it's faster.
In real games it depends on the game. Price/Value of Sli setups are usually pretty bad, mostly it's better to just buy the successor card

EasternGuy

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

Should I just go for 650watt G3 then? Can you give a quick summary of how EVGA's G1,G2 and G3 psus differ? and which is best?

A good idea - better go for 650W G3 PSU (or even G2/B2/P2). Once you start feeling that 1070 is too slow (wouldn't expect that in the near future) just upgrade to a single faster card. SLI has many issues and is rarely recommended by anyone today.

EasternGuy

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

OK.Last question: Whats the best way to determine wattage? Should I feel absouletly secure with 650Watt in this build?

550W would suffice really.

The G3 is based off the Super Flower Leadex II which is the best PSU for around 100$ at the market and apart from the marketing-driven efficiency ratings performs like PSUs that cost twice as much.
The G2 is based on the Super Flower Leadex I, which was one of the best PSUs in its segment until the G3 was released
The GS is based on a Seasonic OEM PSU and has excellent build quality.
The G1 on the other hand is based on a FSP PSU that's not bad, but not particularly great either. Since the GS/G2/G3 usually cost only 10-20$ more the G1 is heavily overpriced for it's quality

I n case you missed it before:
Thermaltake F31. Total rip off of the R5 but with a few enhancements and usually cheaper

EasternGuy

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

Thanks alot. F31 looks good and costs 40£ less in UK :)) . just saved me money for a nice keyboard or something :)