Chrome crash, Windows Defender Service Crash, Stream and Games crash, multiple BSOD

somebuudee

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
Hello,

I've built a pc about a year ago but I was still unable to use it because of many problems.

The following problems come up every single time:
-Chrome tabs crash (the oops error, I've tried disabling hardware acceleration, --no-sandbox, but nothing helped)
-Chrome closes without error message
-Windows Defender service crashes (happened both on win10 and win7)
-Steam service crashes

-I'm unable to use any applications (let it be games or visual studio) without everything crashing every 5-10 minutes.

The pc is basically useless at this point. I'm really looking for an advice. I must've already invested 2k€+ in a useless pc.

Here are the specs:
CPU: i5-6600k
RAM: originally bought DDR4 2x4 GB Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz (HX421C14FBK2/8)

I've ran multiple Memtest86 checks ( 1 by 1, and also both of them for 20 passes each time)
Memtest didnt' find any problems but I've bought a new set of RAM nevertheless:

Corsair 2133Mhz 2x8GB (CMK16GX4M2A2133C13)
I've also ran Memtest on this one. Once again without errors found.

Motherboard:

originally bought Asus Z170-A.
I've also thought the motherboard is the issue, so I've replaced it with an Asus Maximus VIII Hero.

GeForce 980Ti (Gigabyte windforce g1). I've had this GPU running in my brother's pc for 2 weeks. He didn't have any of the issues described. The GPU was working in his PC without any errors.

PSU: EVGA 750W Gold -> I've also had my brother test the PSU for me. He tested it both with my 980ti and his GTX960, but didn't find any errors.

SSD: SanDisk 480GB. I've tested this SSD in my notebook for about 1 month without any issues.
I've also tried using a 750gb hard disk but no improvements.

What I've also tried:

I've tried multiple clean installations ( must've reinstalled Win10 and Win7 about 50 times now)

I've bought a new set of RAM and ran Memtest86+ for 20 passes each without error.

I've bough a new motherboard but still the same error. I've also tried the different overclocking profiles and setting the RAM timings manually. I've reverted and changed these settigns many times without improvement.

I've ran Intel's CPU test many times now but it can't find any erros.

I've also tried a clean install without using the drivers provided by asus.

I've also tried running the pc only using the onboard GPU with the same problems. ( I obviously couldn't test any graphics-heavy games, but still couldn't find any improvements)

I've tried a clean install with Ubuntu: both Firefox and Chrome crashed, and I've also got an error saying a critical process crashed and had to restart ubuntu multiple times.

I apologize for the messy text, but am really looking for solutions.

Thanks

somebuudee

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

I've done a clean install a couple hours ago and 've already had 5 BSODs :

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH 0x00000001
ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY 0x000000fc
ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY 0x000000fc
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e
0x00000139

The only drivers I've downloaded were using windows update and the official nvidia page.
So nothing improves no matter how many times I reinstall.

somebuudee

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
Could someone please glance over the problems described above. I'm thinking about replacing the CPU (that'd make a new motherboard,ram and cpu) but am really afraid it wouldn't solve the problem.