3rd monitor TV issue

AltayA

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
hello,

i've been using 3 monitors for about 19 months now i never had a problem but today my tv(which i use as 3rd monitor) stopped working. i have 2x22" 1080p vga monitors 1 connected with dvi to vga and other with display port to vga adapters. i connect my HDMI tv with directly from hdmi socket with hdmi cable. i tried other sockets such as my hdmi slot in second GPU or other hdmi sockets on the tv to make it work. it doesnt even budge. on display settings there is no 3rd monitor. i disconnected the hdmi cable and the tv entirely and tried my second monitor on that hdmi slot with hdmi to vga adapter and it worked. so its not about a broken socket. then i thought maybe its about the cable maybe its not functioning anymore so i tried a cable which i know its working since i've been using it with my laptop on living room tv. Again no signal on my 3rd monitor tv. i'm using windows 10 64bit, 2xr7 370 4G gpus, my windows and gpus are both up to date, i didnt find any valid solution to fix this. im losing my mind please help. thanks in advance.

Solution

so on Philips support forum i found something like this

"I had the same problem yesterday.
I finally reset the tv by disconnecting it from the power for at least 30 sec. (pull the power cable form the mains)
Than reconnect the power cable and wait till the red light (led) comes on. (this can take 5 to 10 sec.)
Restart the tv with the remote control and wait at least 10 sec. before pressing any other buttons.
This might help.
Julian"

i tried it and...

AltayA

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015

yes apparently the problem is about the tv. should i contact tech support or is there something i can do at home? checked the net but couldnt find anything valid

If it's under warranty contact the manufacturer. Otherwise, weigh the costs of repair vs the cost of replacement. There isn't much by way of user serviceable parts on TV's these days, unless you're comfortable with a soldering iron and diagnosing circuit boards and capacitors.

AltayA

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015

so on Philips support forum i found something like this

"I had the same problem yesterday.
I finally reset the tv by disconnecting it from the power for at least 30 sec. (pull the power cable form the mains)
Than reconnect the power cable and wait till the red light (led) comes on. (this can take 5 to 10 sec.)
Restart the tv with the remote control and wait at least 10 sec. before pressing any other buttons.
This might help.
Julian"

i tried it and everything is fine again. thank you for your time

Solution