Upgraded to W 10 BSOD with multiple errors

rocks911

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
So I just upgraded from W7 64 bit to W10. Now I get frequents BSOD's with various messages. The first I got was "DPC Watchdog Violation" and then later I got "Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal". Some preliminary research suggested it might be antivirus software related. I uninstalled Panda that I had just installed a couple weeks ago when my OS was W7. Uninstalling that seemed to make no difference. I have gone in and uninstalled everything I can do without and still I get the BSOD.

Suggestions?

Solution
I'd perform a system reset (settings>update & security>recovery>reset this PC), or a clean reinstall if you want. If that anti-virus was installed when you made the upgrade it might have screwed up the upgrade itself. Those programs can reach all the way into the kernel and do stuff they really shouldn't be doing.

Note always have your files backed up before hand so you don't lose anything if it all goes south.
I'd perform a system reset (settings>update & security>recovery>reset this PC), or a clean reinstall if you want. If that anti-virus was installed when you made the upgrade it might have screwed up the upgrade itself. Those programs can reach all the way into the kernel and do stuff they really shouldn't be doing.

Note always have your files backed up before hand so you don't lose anything if it all goes south.

Solution