What 1440p 144hz Gsync monitor should i get for gaming?

Solution
I play alot of Overwatch, so the arena's are very bright and everything is illuminated, so I don't see it other than loading screens.

Just make sure you buy from somewhere that has a good return policy and you can test them out yourself. Thats the best advice I can give.

MENTAL BAHAMUT

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Depends on yourself, i'll be getting the XB271HU on the 2nd of feb.
(But i'm based in aus and the pricing is different, xb271hu is 980 to my door, pg278 is about 1k)
the pg279 is more like 1200, for me TN was not apart of the equation as the IPS monitors are low enough in response times now not to be an issue.

I play mainly Rainbow Six Siege competitively (in esl tny's), so by rights i should be looking at high refresh rates and lowest response times
and i think the monitor for me is the XB271HU. i doubt i'll notice 4ms response time, but i will notice the better colours and the viewing angles

WolferWaffle

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

Well, JohnBonhamsGhost, please give me a few reasons why I should buy the DELL S2716DG. It has an TN panel (the bleeding and from different angles, you can't see anything).

To all that are willing to help me : Please tell me which is better for gaming: Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield 1 and 4, CS:GO, ARMA3, Crysis 3, GTA 5, Just Cause 3, Skyrim, Witcher 3, Tomb Raider, DOOM, Titanfall 2, Hitman, Dark Souls 1-3, Mafia 3, Watch Dogs 1 and 2 and Far Cry.

larsv8

Distinguished
I recently purchased a PF279Q, which I think is the equivalent of the 1HU, and I have no complaints.

There is some slight light bleed but I don't really notice it and I am going to use it as an excuse to get a new one in two years right before my warranty expires.

IPS is generally thought of as better picture quality than TN, while TN typically allows a cheaper way to get to higher refresh rates and response times.

Choice you need to make is am I willing to pay more for IPS with some light bleed, or less for a TN, with not quite as good colors.

WolferWaffle

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

You mean PG279q? Right?

WolferWaffle

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

I have to say: I will do the same as you. I think. I mean, if I don't get enough money to buy 2 wide screens to put side by side and the pg279q on top, i will do the same as you mate. Thank you. Btw is that bleed bad? I mean do you notice it in games when it's really dark?

larsv8

Distinguished
I play alot of Overwatch, so the arena's are very bright and everything is illuminated, so I don't see it other than loading screens.

Just make sure you buy from somewhere that has a good return policy and you can test them out yourself. Thats the best advice I can give.

Solution
are you playing at 70+° angels that you would not see the screen? every TN panel i've ever used is perfect when positioned anywhere near the center of the viewer radius. if you're just using it to show other people that are standing on the outside of your normal viewing area; it may be a problem, but for anyone in front of the panel it is fine.
light bleeding has nothing to do with if it is IPS or TN, it has to do with the manufacturing quality and the positioning of the LEDs.

the best reason would be that it is hundreds of dollars less and still amazing quality.