NEED HELP WITH NEW TV FOR PC ( pixelated image )

420ashtonsmith

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Hi im sorry if this is in the wrong place ive only posted here once before so please feel free to let me know where i should post this if not in here. I Just bought a 32" tv 720p i have it connected to my pc via a HDMI cable, but everything is pretty pixelated like the text even videos at 1080p are still pixelated, ive tried changing all the resolutions in the windows display options but nothing makes it appear more cleaner like it was on my old tv. Please can some body help me this is very annoying. I just need everything to look smooth as it should.

Solution
First, do try another cable between the TV and computer's graphic card.

Does not take much for a cable to cause problems and while it may work in one situation it may not work (or fully work) some where else. Check the cable specifications as well. May physically "fit" but the quality and construction may not match your connectivity/device requirements.

And if the cable came with the TV then it is likely to be as low end as possible.

See below per the following link:

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/what-screen-resolution-or-aspect-ratio-what-do-720p-1080i-1080p-mean

======= QUOTE =====

Depending on the aspect ratio of your display, you are able to use only resolutions that are specific to its width and height. Some of the most...

Ralston18

Titan
So the TV is fine (no pixelation) as a TV per se or via HDMI connections from something like a cable box, DVR, DVD player - correct?

Make and model TV? Is there a menu selection with respect to being connected to a PC?

Have you tried another HDMI cable?

What graphics card are you using on the PC? Any problems if a standard monitor (HDMI or otherwise) is connected to the PC?

420ashtonsmith

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

Right so its the Blaupunkt 32-1480, yeah theres display menus and i thought to look at the display ratio and its on 16:9 which is correct is it not? I havent tried another cable as im positive its not the cable. Im using a gtx 750. And nope there are no problems with the tv i literally got it delivered to me today. It just seems like everything is slightly grainy then when you use stuff like Skyrim or watch a video in 1080 you can really see that there is something not right. I mean it is somewhat bareable but i would really like it to be back to normal, for example the youtube homepage all the thumbnails look like they are real bad quality. the text is slightly weird, i can see pixels around the start logo in the bottom left corner..

Ralston18

Titan
First, do try another cable between the TV and computer's graphic card.

Does not take much for a cable to cause problems and while it may work in one situation it may not work (or fully work) some where else. Check the cable specifications as well. May physically "fit" but the quality and construction may not match your connectivity/device requirements.

And if the cable came with the TV then it is likely to be as low end as possible.

See below per the following link:

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/what-screen-resolution-or-aspect-ratio-what-do-720p-1080i-1080p-mean

======= QUOTE =====

Depending on the aspect ratio of your display, you are able to use only resolutions that are specific to its width and height. Some of the most common resolutions that can be used for each aspect ratio are the following:
4:3 aspect ratio resolutions: 640×480, 800×600, 960×720, 1024×768, 1280×960, 1400×1050, 1440×1080 , 1600×1200, 1856×1392, 1920×1440, and 2048×1536.
16:10 aspect ratio resolutions: - 1280×800, 1440×900, 1680×1050, 1920×1200 and 2560×1600.
16:9 aspect ratio resolutions: 1024×576, 1152×648, 1280×720, 1366×768, 1600×900, 1920×1080, 2560×1440 and 3840×2160.

======= END QUOTE ============

Have you tried updating the graphics card's drivers? Download from the manufacturer if and as necessary.

Try various TV menu display settings and likewise various Windows display (actually the graphics card) options.

Test very methodically by setting the TV at some configuration for example and working through the graphics card settings. Resolutions, etc..

Then change the TV to another option and then again work through the graphics card setttings.

If the pixelation continues then either the TV is faulty (with respect to being used as a monitor) or there is some mismatch that cannot be overcome via the available configuration options.

A bit tedious that is for sure. However, that is what will be needed to address problem and figure out what is going astray.

Solution