PC Randomly freezes software not responding only thing to do restart

Ambulas

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
Hello lately my brother's pc started randomly freeze.

For example he plays game then goes to desktop to check discord and notices that its not responding, that means nothing except game will work, nor task manager nor chrome and only way to fix that is to do reset.

But if software is not minimized and is opened on desktop then it works all fine but if you try or maximize/minimize/close it freezes and rip

Why ?

Solution
Finding the "why" will take some effort.

However, if you open the Event Viewer and look through the various logs you are likely to find a series of red or yellow icons.

Those icons represent various errors and warnings that have occurred.

What you do is look for any errors or warnings that occured just before or at the time of the freezes.

Right clicking the icon/log entry will provide more details about what happened.

It may take you some time to grasp how Event Viewer is organized and where you need to look.

No harm in exploring and for the most part you will get a sense of it all very quickly.

See what you can find and learn. Post acccordingly.

Ralston18

Titan
Finding the "why" will take some effort.

However, if you open the Event Viewer and look through the various logs you are likely to find a series of red or yellow icons.

Those icons represent various errors and warnings that have occurred.

What you do is look for any errors or warnings that occured just before or at the time of the freezes.

Right clicking the icon/log entry will provide more details about what happened.

It may take you some time to grasp how Event Viewer is organized and where you need to look.

No harm in exploring and for the most part you will get a sense of it all very quickly.

See what you can find and learn. Post acccordingly.

Solution

Blackink

Distinguished
I was having the same problem.
I looked in the Event Viewer and saw several critical errors in regards to my out-dated video card that AMD no longer supported. The drivers were old and they were the last version released for this card.

I purchased a new video card, used DDU to uninstall the drivers, installed the new video card, installed the drivers, and the locking up problems were solved.

My computer has been running the best it has in 2 years (which is about the time I started noticing screwy things happening when running certain software).