BSOD while installing Windows 10

thekaticko

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
Hello,
I have a problem installing Windows 10 on a brand new laptop Asus L502S. When I try to boot from USB device, Windows logo appears and after 10 seconds there is a blue error screen (bsod) with message: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.
What I tried: using all USB ports, using 2 different USB sticks, using 2 different Windows images, adjusting settings in BIOS (all regular; disable secure boot, legacy support, enable CSM etc., as well as all other possible combinations). BIOS is the latest version.
Please keep in mind that I had this problem and then replaced the unit thinking its hardware related, but I have been given a new one and still have the same problem.

Thank you for your time!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Memory management errors installing win 10 would lead me to believe it was the ram - you could run the free version of memtest86 on the sticks - if they accessible anyway

I mean, they can be drivers or hard drive as well. Memory isn't just ram after all.

it seems odd you get same error on 2 units. Did you get the win 10 image from Microsoft? If you didn't I would download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

does it boot into Freedos normally? it seems it can cause problems for win 10 installs so might want to clear boot drive using free version of dban and see if you still get same problem

thekaticko

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
I can't open it because I would lose warranty.

Yes the image is original made from media creation tool, it works on my PC so the USB drive with image isn't the problem itself.

Yes FreeDOS boots up just fine.

So you recommend formatting SSD before starting installation?

Colif

Win 11 Master
It would appear to me that if same thing happens on 2 different laptops it has to be the format of the drive. Only other thought I have is ask the store to install it as it should work. I didn't see anything specific on the web site for the laptop