Wifi keep disconnecting or show limited connection

symon320

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
hi my pc is running on windows 10 home
Recently i purchased d-link dwa-172 wifi adapter. It worked fine for few days after that started to auto disconnet. I found some drivers named wan miniport. here is the link of screenshot.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ZJWqEkLhpIQUozMlF5NExTXzQ

I have tried some steps to fix it. these are here
1. try to reinstall driver for wifi adapter.
2. Try to disable as well as uninstall all WAN MINIPORT drivers in network adapter.
3. I follow some forum solution to restart services like "secure socket tunneling protocol" and "Remote access connection manager" and changed startup type to automatic.

For a while It fixes my problem. But after i restart few times my pc or after install windows update it happens again. i can see wan miniport again in network adapters. this is not only my problem i found a lot windows 10 user have same problem with wireless. so kindly help me to solve it and anyone plz can explain why it happens.
Thanks

Solution
Hello symon320

Many times the issue can be fixed by assigning a static IP address to your PC. If that doesn't help, you can check for firmware updates for your router.

You can also try the following:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Click Device Manager from the context menu.

> Expand the Network adapters tree.

> Right-click your Wi-Fi network adapter.

> Go to Properties.

> Go to the Power Management tab.

> Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox.

> Click OK and restart the PC.

Cheers!! :)
Hello symon320

Many times the issue can be fixed by assigning a static IP address to your PC. If that doesn't help, you can check for firmware updates for your router.

You can also try the following:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Click Device Manager from the context menu.

> Expand the Network adapters tree.

> Right-click your Wi-Fi network adapter.

> Go to Properties.

> Go to the Power Management tab.

> Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox.

> Click OK and restart the PC.

Cheers!! :)

Solution