PS4 and PC in 1 monitor!

Johnakos4e

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Hi,

I have a problem that I want to sort out. I have a fairly "old" monitor (Samsung SyncMaster T190)
which has 1 dvi and 1 vga port. I have my pc connected with the vga one. So here's the problem..I recently bought ps4 slim and want to connect it to the same monitor that my pc is connected with! Any ideas?? There is only the dvi port in the monitor free.

Best regards,
J0hny :)

Solution

On the splitter/switch, there will be a button you can push to switch what output it should push through. - But remember this also mean you have to use a hdmi to dvi converter for ps4 and either get a hdmi cable that has a splitter for audio and then get...

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Why you are using the VGA to connect the Pc to the monitor, your GPU didnt have a Dvi or HDMI? the quality loss of the Vga is veeery great.

In you case the Ps4 have HDMI output, you could use a conversor from HDMI to DVI to use the monitor, the only thing you would loose is the audio from the HDMI, need to use another sound system conected to the PS4.

Johnakos4e

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Thanks for help! My gpu has a vga port, a hdmi one and a dvi but im not sure (I have an old one GTS 250 so you can check it out too cause im not that tech friend)
Also how can I switch between them if I have both turned on ?

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
First of all you need to use your dvi connection on your gpu...

Then the solution would be to buy a dvi splitter, and then a hdmi - dvi converter for the ps4. For sound you need to buy a hdmi cable with audio out or a converter as well. - So maybe the best solution would be to get a new monitor with hdmi input.

Johnakos4e

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

I currently can't afford a new monitor. But if I have them both connected with the dvi splitter how can I switcb between them when I have both of the machines on?

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015

On the splitter/switch, there will be a button you can push to switch what output it should push through. - But remember this also mean you have to use a hdmi to dvi converter for ps4 and either get a hdmi cable that has a splitter for audio and then get that audio in your pc (or another unit). There is absolutely no support for audio via dvi.

Solution