Disabling hibernation issues

Jmar_

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
Trying to disable hibernation on windows 10 through running cmd as admin and entering:

powercfg.exe /hibernate off

The command goes through, but afterwards I cannot exit cmd, and when I try to ctrl+alt+delete it basically locks/freezes. The only way out is to hold the power button and force shutdown. When I boot backup the hibernation file is gone and i'm happy, but it always comes back after the next restart... What am I missing and/or doing wrong?

Solution
try updating bios/and motherboard drivers, it seems something is refusing the command

I wonder if its the command as this page shows a slightly different command

powercfg -h off

The page also shows a few other ways to disable hibernate. I assume you also have fast startup turned off as it also uses the hiberfil.sys file to work.

Colif

Win 11 Master
try updating bios/and motherboard drivers, it seems something is refusing the command

I wonder if its the command as this page shows a slightly different command

powercfg -h off

The page also shows a few other ways to disable hibernate. I assume you also have fast startup turned off as it also uses the hiberfil.sys file to work.

Solution

Jmar_

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017

I think I didn't save changes when I tried to turn off fast startup, thanks for the reminder!
And as far as the cmd crashing I think you're right, probably need to update bios/drivers. Only other thing I can think of is possibly Spybot Anti-Beacon is scrubbing my changes? Regardless, thanks for the help!