My computer turned off mid way through a full reset and now won't work

Icshinylights

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
So I was resetting my HP 15-1018dx and I had to go to another place to I grabbed it and closed the lid and left. When I opened the comeputer the next morning it would load for about 2 minutes and come with a pop up window saying "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click the 'OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation" I have pressed OK multiple times and it just restarts and goes back to the same pop up window. I've tried taking out the battery and removing the power cord and then restarting the computer but it keeps coming up with the same issue. Please help.

Solution
The installer can get confused if its interrupted during a reset.

I would run the free version of dban on your drive, wipe it completely and then do a clean install of win 10.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << if you don't have it already

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this handy guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach screen asking for a licence, clikc "I don't have a key" and win 10 will reinstall and reactivate itself.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The installer can get confused if its interrupted during a reset.

I would run the free version of dban on your drive, wipe it completely and then do a clean install of win 10.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << if you don't have it already

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this handy guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach screen asking for a licence, clikc "I don't have a key" and win 10 will reinstall and reactivate itself.

Solution