pls I need Help to decide getting my new 144hz gaming monitor !!

hewhy_

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
Hello Guys,
As the title already mentioned it am getting my new gaming monitor within a week but still didnt decide yet what should i get, my current screen is a 23" Samsung LED 60hz (yea its an old one) as i dont even remember its exact model but it was doing the job at least for me until i started to get very addicted to competitive games Like Rainbow six siege and Battlefield 1 and spent many hours playing these games so i am looking forward to get better in them especially with R6 siege and then i have figured that a new monitor is a must in such games like 144hz screen will be a game changer for titles like these so i started to make my search on a good 144hz screen and oh boy i have found many good screens in the market with their pros and cons which made me confused a lot, at the beginning i was only searching for a decent 24" 144hz screen and the most common recommendations i have found were in models like Asus VG248QE and BenQ XL2411Z and 2430T and then i have realized that there is the Nvidia G-sync feature as am already an Nvidia video card owner (GTX 970 and maybe during this year will upgrade to GTX 1080 or 1080gt if it happened) so i found the Asus PG248Q and the Acer Predator XB241H, then i thought about i may get a new video card like GTX 1080 (1080gt) later this year so a 24" screen will not be a very wise decision if am willing to make an upgrade in the near future for the video card so i decided to think about a 27" 144hz (at least) and G-sync monitor and here i found the Asus PG278Q or the PG278QR (actually dont know the difference between them) and then the latest Asus PG279Q and Acer XB271HU, Personally i was more leaning towards the Asus PG279Q as it is one of the newest gaming monitors in the market besides the Acer XB271HU of course and because its IPS screen, but its 4ms G2G response compared to the NT 1ms response in which it makes them better for the FPS competitive games, so i have realized that i have to sacrifice and a hard decision must be taken either to Get the benefit of the IPS screen in having a way better coloring and view angles but will have more delay (4ms g2g response) OR will have the fast 1ms g2g response of the NT screens but of course will lose the privilege of the good and better coloring and view angles, so according to my situation what do you think guys and from your own opinion what decision do you see i have to take with the least losses ?!! do you think the 4ms in IPS screen isnt that big deal to 1ms in NT screen especially in a game like Rainbow six siege or it will be an effective thing ?!! or you think i have to give the 1ms a priority over the good and better colored screen ?!! what is the more balance decision in that case ?!! And what is the best screen for me ?!!
Hint: My priority is FPS competitive games like R6 siege plus i do some Adobe PS and illustrator and 3DS Max and photo editing stuffs besides of course the usual internet surfing.
I have read many things about the blacklight bleeding and dead, glowing pixel issues with IPS screens and also some other issues with the NT screens too, so what do you think about these issues with the both types, should i worry about any of them very much ?!
And if you have any other monitors recommendations i am all ears :)
Thank you and sorry for the long massage.

Solution
Well the people I know who got G-Sync don't want to miss it anymore.
But it comes down how sensitive you are to things like tearing or FPS drops. Some people recognise it stronge than others.
As for your questions:
The 278QR is a revision of the original 278Q
Both screens look crappy out of the box and need to be adjusted first. But there are plenty of guides for the perfect settings online.

As for the 279Q.
It's by far the best gaming IPS there is.
However it still got issues. Personally I don't find that acceptable for a 800$ screen.
The response time doesn't really make a difference. Unless you're a professional gamer who can live off the wage and price money of reports tournaments chances are your eyes and reflexes aren't fast...

haHAA123

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
tbh you really don't need gync. you can probably get a decent 144hz monitor for $300-$400ish. Just get one of these. Asus VG248QE / BenQ XL2411Z / 2430T. I personally own the 2430T and it's been doing good for me so far.

Well the people I know who got G-Sync don't want to miss it anymore.
But it comes down how sensitive you are to things like tearing or FPS drops. Some people recognise it stronge than others.
As for your questions:
The 278QR is a revision of the original 278Q
Both screens look crappy out of the box and need to be adjusted first. But there are plenty of guides for the perfect settings online.

As for the 279Q.
It's by far the best gaming IPS there is.
However it still got issues. Personally I don't find that acceptable for a 800$ screen.
The response time doesn't really make a difference. Unless you're a professional gamer who can live off the wage and price money of reports tournaments chances are your eyes and reflexes aren't fast enough for a 3ms difference anyway. (One usually says that everything under 5ms makes no difference due to the limitations of your body)

Modern TN panels are quite good in terms of picture quality. Of course the IPS beauty isn't reached but the picture is far far better than on your current Samsung.

If you're deciding on the IPS route, go with Asus. Acer and AOC got waaay too many problems with their screens. It's kind of a lottery nonetheless and you might need to RMA the Asus as well but from all I've read there's hardly an AOC IPS (27'', IPS, G-Sync) without a dead pixel.

For TNs, also take a look at Dell. Their screens are pretty decent and I'd take a S2716DG over an Acer TN any day (except for the new XB241YU that screen looks truly awesome)

As for the cheaper screens, IF you were to buy a 1080 a 1440p/144Hz screen would be nice.
If you're only going for a 1070 I'd stick with 1080p

Solution

TRENDING THREADS