Need help to determine cause of restarts

Fleeks

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Long story short, my pc restarts, no bsod or any error. I researched quite a lot and ive came to the conclusion its the power supply. Now, i wonder, is the problem the psu, or the gpu not receving enough power (gpu), i've already looked into the psu's i will buy, but i dont want to buy one and then its not the psu problem its the gpu not receving enough power. So my question in the end of the day is : Can the gpu not receving enough power restart pc, or is it cause psu is not emitting enough power ? Thanks !

You come to us with a question about the patient but you did not bring the patient's vital signs? Why? https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download can show us his internal diagnostic. You can tell us the full make and model number of the PSU including how many watts it offers.

Sometimes the GFX card will go into a low power mode meaning it won't crash but instead won't offer enough horsepower to power Pong but usually is fine for basic surfing and Windows navigation. Other times it will crash. Depends on the card.

Windows Event Viewer at the time of your crashes helped you determine it was the PSU?

You can cause the system to crash by playing games?... Is the error repeatable?

Fleeks

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017

Is it repetable, usually at night when im playing video games, i've just ran the stress test for gpu, went up to 8k fps on full hd 2x msaa, 74 temp and 14 fps, didnt crash. I used WhoCrashed to determine it was a hardware problem, cause if it was software ( like it was before i reinstalled windows) it would show . My gpu is r7 260x 2gb ddr5. What exactly should i post here that speecy is showing me ? Cause i see no psu

Fleeks

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017

Yes i have, they are all normal, it only happens while im in game so i have no idea what goes wrong

Fleeks

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017

16.6 Radeon Crimson Driver, Windows 10 64-bit