Is worth waiting the time to build a pc?

TheFellah

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Hey, this is my first time here, so... what´s up? Until now i was gaming on a really cheap laptop, all games pretty much on the lowest settings, hd resolution and i was happy to get 30+ fps. So I decided to get a new pc. I already have some money and i got more by selling my laptop, but it really is not much money for a good pc.. im talking about a 600 dollar budget. I was trying to find cheap components - i live in europe and prices of pc components here are ridiculously high, but then i remembered i have a friend in america, so i found them on amazon.com cheaper. he will be back in europe in september 2018, so my question is - is it worth the time to look at the prices and components now, or should i wait until its actual? I must choose the components until like july or august.. plus, im aware of that i would not be able to run the games that will come out in the second half of 2018

If those are your only choices, then definitely wait. A lot can change price-wise, and technology-wise in a little over a year. At the very least, you'll likely be able to get everything you've chosen right now for cheaper, and you'll probably be able to get much better performance for the same price. I imagine next year when you need to buy components, you'll be able to do a Kaby Lake i5 with either a 1060, or 1160 if Nvidia releases a new line of GPUs by then.

Can't tell you it isn't worth looking at components now, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on prices. That'll give you a better idea of what you want to spend, what components are getting cheaper, etc etc.

TheFellah

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
I was thinking of getting a i5 7500 and 1060 - i could get that under 700 bucks, but i was afraid of that it would not already be a good setup in late 2018/ early 2019

TheFellah

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
So, if im buying a 1060 in 2018 and replacing it in 2019 - its not worth the money right? With what gpu should i replace it then in the 2019? I heard gtx 2070 and 2080 are coming out

There's only speculation as far as Nvidia's next line of GPU's, but honestly, if you start playing the waiting game, you'll never end up getting a GPU. In my opinion, your best bet is to wait it out and see what is the best GPU closer to when you are actually ready to purchase. I wouldn't say to wait until you are actually ready to purchase though.

I personally would re-evaluate your options a few months before you're ready to buy. If new cards are going to be released soon at that point in time, then you could wait for those. If not, then you could start keeping an eye out on current cards, select the one you want, and try to snipe a good deal on it.

The i5 you chose should be plenty viable in late 2018-early 2019. As for the 1060, I doubt it will be able to handle current games on highest settings, seeing as how it can barely do that now. I personally think there will either be better options, or cheaper prices on current options when you are ready to buy, so I wouldn't worry too much about that just yet.

TheFellah

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
My friend has a 1060 3gb version - and it can handle games pretty well - most of them on ultra 1080p 50+ fps in most cases, but i dont think it will after a year - when im ready to purchase, so im thinking of maybe waiting for the price drop and then buy a 1070/1080 if i pay a little bit over my budget

TheFellah

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Will the release of the new 1080 Ti, rx 490 and amd vega affect the prices of 1060/1070 and will it affect games in general?

That'll depend on a lot of things. I don't see prices changing at all on the 1070, or the 1080. People may try to tell you otherwise, but knowing AMD, I predict their new best card will be right around the performance level of 1070, and probably a bit cheaper. The 1080 ti will be expensive, and the 1080 won't be touched by AMD performance-wise IMO, so I highly doubt prices will drop at all on the 1080.

If anything, I could see better sales happening on the 1060, and maybe the 1070. I don't think MSRP will drop on them or anything, because Nvidia typically doesn't drop prices very quickly.

But this is all speculation of course, nobody knows for sure what AMD is coming out with, or where it's going to perform. For all I know, they could release something on the same level as the 1080 at the price of the 1070. It's all up in the air at this point.

TheFellah

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Yea, the 1060 seems like the best gpu that i can afford, but i dont know and i dont think it will in a year and a half from now

I don't think it will be either. But you're straight up not able to get this stuff for a year and a half, so I honestly wouldn't worry about it for awhile. Like I said, re-evaluate your options a few months before you're ready to buy. I guarantee you will have very different options to choose from by then.