Ramdisk Arma 3

Fyrd

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
It says on ramdisk I have 1023 Megabytes to allocate to disk size. Should I have more as 424 gigs of free space and 12 gb of ram.

Whenever I try to install something on Drive G it says I don't have enough room

Solution
1023 MB is 1 GB. Thats not enough room for most games and maybe 100 small mp3's.

A ram disk is a software disk created by using avaliable RAM which is what makes it superfast; it has nothing to do with the free space on your harddrives.

You can allocate the size in the Software that you are using to create it. I would not exceed 8Gb since you only have 12GB in your system.
This allotment subtracts from the total ram so you would be leaving windows, app, games to run on just 4gb if you made an 8gb ramdisk.

popatim

Titan
1023 MB is 1 GB. Thats not enough room for most games and maybe 100 small mp3's.

A ram disk is a software disk created by using avaliable RAM which is what makes it superfast; it has nothing to do with the free space on your harddrives.

You can allocate the size in the Software that you are using to create it. I would not exceed 8Gb since you only have 12GB in your system.
This allotment subtracts from the total ram so you would be leaving windows, app, games to run on just 4gb if you made an 8gb ramdisk.

Solution

Fyrd

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
How do I increase the size from 1023 to say 4gb like the say to do in videos for my game. There is no option on ramdisk to increase the size even if I got 12gb.

Colif

Win 11 Master
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Fyrd : "Ramdisk Arma 3"

what software are you using to create the ramdisk?