Very confused about a new rig

MaTTiMeX

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Hello! I have not posted on this site in a very long time but every time I have I have had a great experience and the help as been top notch.

I finally have a bit of income to put towards a new computer for gaming. My current rig is running a Radeon HD 5700 series, so it's a smidge old.

I am looking for a new computer around 1000$ Canadian, I know this makes somewhat of a difference in terms of what I am able to afford.

I am not looking to steam right now and for my budget to get good FPS and steam doesn't seem very viable. I haven't been tech savvy in terms of specs for a very long time so I am asking for help in this department as I am already confused about liquid cooling systems, do I want one? Do I not? Is there just plain old fan systems? What components go with what? Am I going to screw any system I get up with the wrong PSU?

My other biggest thing is I have never assemebled my own PC either, so I am kind of scared to do it and have been looking at sites like CyberPowerPC and IBuyPower as well but again i'm so very wary as it's been so long i've spent any amount of money on a PC. I apologise for the wall of text but any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for reading it!

you don't need water cooling and for your budget I wont even think about it. building a PC is not that hard just watch 2 or 3 5 or 10 videos to you feel good about it .

I would look into something like this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($261.75 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($96.82 @ shopRBC)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($67.59 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($108.00 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($62.94 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB ARMOR 8G OC Video Card ($308.00 @ Vuugo)
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case ($36.48 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer ($17.50 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $1034.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-01 23:47 EST-0500

MaTTiMeX

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
How come I don't need to worry about liquid cooling? I've read a bunch of thing abut assembling but also read that it's very easy to fry parts due to static electricity too which is why I'm so wary.

liquid cooling is needed if you want to OC your cpu or gpu above its normal operating frequency, the stock coolers will be fine.

static electricity can damage parts, if your keep yourself grounded or touch the case to discharge it you will be fine...... I have built many PCs on the carpet and have not lost a part yet.

You can buy a wrist strap if you are that worried http://www.miniinthebox.com/pro-skit-wrist-strap-series-as-311-3m_p1377123.html?currency=USD&litb_from=bing_shopping&utm_source=bingshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingshopping

Building your own computer is easy. Building it takes 2-3 hours, and installing windows takes about 30mins to 45mins, and after that downloading and installing drivers takes another 30-45 mins. After all that, have it download windows updates at night, it may take a 2-4 passes to get them all.

Building a PC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIF43-0mDk4
Installing Windows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAdwedmj1M

Protip for installing drivers safely, install them one at a time and restart the computer after each install to avoid breaking the OS, which can happen if you try to install them all at once.

MaTTiMeX

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Yeah the installation I am familiar with I have reformatted and factory restored a bunch of times my biggest hurdle is the actual building of the physical parts which i've never done. I appreciate all the feedback so far and the video links thank you!

Is there any parts on the build listed above that I should maybe wait for sales on to maybe make it a bit better?