"Corrupted" data recovery from resized partition

Glory0

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Okay, I did a stupid mistake today and tried to resize my main storage partition on my drive without backing up the data. Gparted gave me an error and now i can see all my files, but they dont work (i.e. videos show encoding error) as if they are corrupted.

Is there any way to recover these files in a usable format? Ive tried a couple of recover programs with no sucess (yodot and another free one which i cannot remember the name)

Thank you!

Solution
Hi there Glory0,

That is really unpleasant. :(

Well, I believe you can see if some partition recovery software could do the job. There are many threads on partition recovery in the community. I can't really recommend you a specific one.

If any of the accessible files are currently readable, just back those up before the partition recovery process.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there Glory0,

That is really unpleasant. :(

Well, I believe you can see if some partition recovery software could do the job. There are many threads on partition recovery in the community. I can't really recommend you a specific one.

If any of the accessible files are currently readable, just back those up before the partition recovery process.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution