Reboot Loop doesn't let me access auto repair or desktop

beno301

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
I can't access my desktop or auto repair tool. I can only access the bios. the error I get is irql_not_less_or_equal can anyone help me please

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does it give a file name? if you can identify the driver name we might be able to fix it in safe mode by updating driver or removing buggy one?

If it is blaming ntoskrnl then that is windows and not going to be actual cause.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << its a handy boot drive if nothing else

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this PC, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options << this menu may not be here so try next step instead
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if you can get to safe mode, update driver if we have a name for buggy one
have a look in device manager and see if any devices showing as unknown

If we didn't identify driver name before, go to c/windows and find your memory. dmp file.
Make a copy onto desktop and then copy it off desktop onto USB unless its massive (it can be several gb so if it is, don't worry as its too big to upload), it might allow us to discover driver name causing this

If start up options menu wasn't available, you can try start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

beno301

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Coliff I just tried the USB part and it says acpi.sys failed. the windows logo pops up then it flashes a blue screen for a split second then restarts the process all over again. I don't know what to do

Colif

Win 11 Master
Iit sounds like it ignored the USB and just tried your boot drive. You probably need to change a setting in bios, what motherboard do you have? (If you have a brand name PC, instead of trying to figure out motherboard, what make/model is it?)

You need to get it booting off installer as here are a few options to fix it: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626812/how-do-i-fix-acpisys-is-missing-or-corrupted/

beno301

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
I have tried to boot up the USB first, I changed the order in the bios, it still blue screen and sometimes just flashes the blue screen for a split second then it goes back to the mobo screen shows the windows logo and keeps doing that same process over and over again

Colif

Win 11 Master
In BIOS set Boot Mode as UEFI, and Enable Secure Boot.
To Install Windows 10 properly, you have to use the Boot Menu. This allows use of GPT Partition Style.
Press F11 repeatedly during Startup to Access the Boot Menu, Windows 10 Media (USB or DVD) will start loading automaticaly and ask you to press any key to enter Windows Setup.
MSI Link

Looks like nothing special to get it to load...

well, i see how it stops boot:
The Windows ACPI driver, Acpi.sys, is an inbox component of the Windows operating system. The responsibilities of Acpi.sys include support for power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration. On hardware platforms that have an ACPI BIOS, the HAL causes Acpi.sys to be loaded during system startup at the base of the device tree. Acpi.sys acts as the interface between the operating system and the ACPI BIOS. Acpi.sys is transparent to the other drivers in the device tree.

PC can't talk to BIOS if its not there

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you get a replacement as they have 5 year warranties on them.

Always told IRQ errors are drivers but more i help people, more i find they can be ram or even CPU now. Guess they are data errors. More I help, less I think I know.

beno301

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
I went out and bought a new one because I didn't have the original box anymore. I'm still going through call intel to see if I can exchange it and I will have an extra cpu just in case.