Looking for large hi res display replacement for Quadro 4000

mikegallagher

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
My HP ZR30w monitor is gradually dying with vertical stripes and fading issues. The video card is a Quadro 4000 which seems to be working just fine. What might I consider to replace the HP monitor? Built the system in 2012 w / i7, 24G ram & 8TB storage. I am working with Autodesk 3Ds Max and most adobe graphics apps.

Or would I be better off with a 4K monitor AND a new graphics card?

Trying to keep the spend down if possible.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Solution
thats a dying board. seen it on a lot of tvs (samsungs) when i worked in retail.

i only purchased mine used because the new ones were still running at 650-700.
for anything less than 100$ difference, i wouldnt, but i didnt have another screen to use (while returning/ordering another one).

if you dont mind going thru the "trouble" of having to return it, if its not in good shape,
and ordering another one, sure, a used one will be fine.

just make sure its not coming repacked, but in its retail box.

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015

mikegallagher

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Thank you. I see that these monitors are available used or refurbished for about $80 less. Is that a safe bet or is that penny wise and pound foolish.

The HP ZR30w monitor I use now runs fine and then fades to white or displays vertical stripes for a while then it pops back into focus. Goes through this cycle several times. Then it works fine for the rest of the day.

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
thats a dying board. seen it on a lot of tvs (samsungs) when i worked in retail.

i only purchased mine used because the new ones were still running at 650-700.
for anything less than 100$ difference, i wouldnt, but i didnt have another screen to use (while returning/ordering another one).

if you dont mind going thru the "trouble" of having to return it, if its not in good shape,
and ordering another one, sure, a used one will be fine.

just make sure its not coming repacked, but in its retail box.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS