Are you trying hard to keep THG from going to a higher level or what?

AjvarD

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
Any time I find myself at THG forum ater googling some questions I see some lame dialogs with no actual solving (ex. You don't upgrade notebooks, only Desktops can be etc.). It's comparable to a Yahoo Answers, which would be really shameful... for some forums.

And suddenly this was the first time I actually found some useful enthusiast level of discussion with actual describing an indeep answer on the topic subject here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2159528/intel-hm65-express-chipset-cpu-upgrade-sandy-ivy-bridge.html?5894498f88291=reload#

And guess what? Some moderator was quick to make a bold move criticizing a guy who updated topic with a valid useful answer. Claiming it was a necro :facepalm. No analysis was made of the latest post, just a reflex. True example of proverb: Born to crawl can not fly.

So here is an opinion of someone who googled and found this info: nope, it wasn't a necro. Necro would be a "Hey, I have the same problem, help" kind of post while the written post was about filling your topic with more valuable info.
And here is second thought: such quick actions embarrass forum. In the eyes of enthusiasts who accidentally find themselves on googled THG page, of course.

No way are Tom's Forums anything like the lame Yahoo Answers - - do me a favour!

If Tom's was as bad as you suggest, we'd have dozens of complaints similar to yours, where are they?

And you sarcasm is not appreciated.

Spend a few hours looking through a sizeable and varied number of threads on Tom's before criticising what a great many of our members regard as one of the best forums on the web.

and your point is what exactly? other than grumbling or trolling of course.

reading one thread is not enough evidence to toss around false claims such as that.

if you actually read our rules, were familiar with forum etiquette and had a look around at more posts you would realize the opposite of your statements was true. in fact we are one of the better places around if looking for a general type pc forum.