Tripple Monitor Set up help required

andyb313

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
I currently have a BenQ XL2411Z 24" 144hz monitor and a 1080p tv set up in extended screen mode,

I am looking at having a triple monitor set up instead as the tax year is coming to an end and need to spend some money. I have no idea when it comes to triple set ups but the central 144hz is occasionaly used for gaming but the main use is for work (video editing photoshop ect.)

the 2 other monitors can be 1080p 60hz as i do not need to run in 144hz when working but what 2 monitors will be suitable with my BenQ XL2411Z for all to look the same size ect? and are the triple monitor mounts universal as i would prefer to have all 3 mounted on 1 stand if possible?

I will be upgrading my GPU to a gtx1080 and assume this will be sufficient for the job.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Solution
^ XFX make a triple monitor mount but they will cost you an arm and a leg(plus some more)...
dialing back out of this progression, your existing monitor does not have a VESA mounting option :( so you're going to have to rely on monitors that come bundled with a stand that allows for rotation/tilt/height adjustment.

Lutfij

Titan
The monitor mounts conform to VESA standards which means that the holes on the back of your monitor should either be like so:
VESA_hole_pattern.jpg

but if you're looking a monitor stand for three monitors, they should have it in their specifications of the sort of mounting holes they have and if they correspond to your monitor's holes. They should in essence since there's little chance they will be outside of 75 or 100mm spacing.

Please include a budget and a site off which you'd like to purchase from.

andyb313

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009

there is no budget as such just acceptable 1080p 24" monitors that are similar to the ones i have, And a sufficient stand to hold them. Don't want to pay over the odds but understand "you get what you pay for" so happy to spend whatever the recommended items are . No preference as where to purchase from as long as its UK

Lutfij

Titan
^ XFX make a triple monitor mount but they will cost you an arm and a leg(plus some more)...
dialing back out of this progression, your existing monitor does not have a VESA mounting option :( so you're going to have to rely on monitors that come bundled with a stand that allows for rotation/tilt/height adjustment.

Solution