Need help, looking at 4k tv for monitor

darnock

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
lots of good deals right now, looking for something around 32 inch,

what are some key features i need to look for,, thank you so much!

Solution
It depends on what you're used to...in my opinion 4k on a 32inch is a waste. The biggest problem I have seen with a 4k tv is low refresh rate(anything less than 60mhz) will look choppy and blurry whenever the image on the screen moves, which is constantly. Also, input lag is a big issue with TVs. For competitive gaming, you want a 1ms response time, but for most people 5-10ms is adequate. Anything over 50ms response time is basically unplayable for me personally.
I use a 27 inch 1440p 144hz , and my brother plays on a 60inch 4k TV @ 50hz. His screen is definitely bigger, but it drives me nuts to play on his setup because of the motion blur (low refresh rate) and feels like im "disconnected" and slow in the game because of the high...

JBURNS489

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
It depends on what you're used to...in my opinion 4k on a 32inch is a waste. The biggest problem I have seen with a 4k tv is low refresh rate(anything less than 60mhz) will look choppy and blurry whenever the image on the screen moves, which is constantly. Also, input lag is a big issue with TVs. For competitive gaming, you want a 1ms response time, but for most people 5-10ms is adequate. Anything over 50ms response time is basically unplayable for me personally.
I use a 27 inch 1440p 144hz , and my brother plays on a 60inch 4k TV @ 50hz. His screen is definitely bigger, but it drives me nuts to play on his setup because of the motion blur (low refresh rate) and feels like im "disconnected" and slow in the game because of the high response time.
My personal advice is to stay away from 4k tvs for gaming. Go with a slightly lower reaolution, especially if 32inch, and higher refresh rate and you will enjoy your games a lot more.

This is the monitor I use, and I absolutley love it.
https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-XL2730Z-Monitor-Resolution-FreeSync/dp/B00TUK9D9K

Solution

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
I don't think your going to find 32 inch 4K's I believe they start at 40 inches, These are decent versions normally at a good price.

Samsung 40" UN40KU6290FXZA
Samsung 40" UN40KU6300
Vizio 40" D40u-D1

If your sitting close you will have to adjust Brightness and Saturation.