Video streaming/playback looks grainy.

Wuhndur

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
I just bought two of these and when I am watching youtube videos or a twitch stream the video looks grainy. Does anybody know if there are drivers or something I'm suppose to install for the monitors to fix this? Not sure what I'm suppose to do.

When I play games everything looks great, it only happens when I'm trying to watch a youtube video or twitch stream. It pretty much looks like I'm watching youtube videos on 360p and a twitch stream on medium.

My PC Build

I'm switching to these from a 1360x768 tv and it didn't have any issues like this.

Solution
What resolution are you actually watching the videos at? Video streaming sites like Youtube and Twitch apply fairly high compression to their videos. The compression artifacts may just be more noticeable on the higher-resolution screens if you're viewing them at the same resolution/quality level as you were before.
What resolution are you actually watching the videos at? Video streaming sites like Youtube and Twitch apply fairly high compression to their videos. The compression artifacts may just be more noticeable on the higher-resolution screens if you're viewing them at the same resolution/quality level as you were before.

Solution

Wuhndur

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
That may be it then. I went for 1360x768 to 1920x1080 and I'm using the same quality as I was on youtube/twitch.