Asus ROG Swift PG279Q Hype

shawnsum

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2012
My new monitor is arriving tomorrow, my hype level is increasing as every hour passes it seems. But just how big of a difference is this thing gonna be, really?

I'll be swapping out an old Samsung 24" 60hz for the Asus. I've heard the hype about 144hz, gsync, IPS, etc, etc. I've waited for this technology to mature, and I finally pulled the trigger and look to use this thing for a good while!

I was just wondering if anyone here has made this kind of transition and how blown away were you?

shawnsum

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2012

I sure hope so. The GPU/Display technology has been a little, I'll say wonky in the past few years. I made a big investment last year on the 980ti, now I've made another big investment this year with the monitor....I'm certainly hoping it fulfills all my hopes and dreams!

24" 1080p 60hz probably TN vs 27" 1440p IPS monitor...well..the difference is huge, especially due to 60hz vs 144hz and perhaps also TN vs IPS.
GSync or no GSYnc...if your PC can pproduce high fps e.g. over 90, GSync is quite irrelevant...but if you PC struggles a bit let say 40fps, GSync will shine.
I have been using Acer XB270HU since April 2015 and I enjoyed it very much, it was a really good upgrade from my Dell U2412M.

shawnsum

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2012

I'm sure the gsync feature will stand out, I unfortunately notice screen tearing and it drives me crazy. I also like to run games at max settings. I have a 980ti but I'm sure something will come out this year to tax the card below 50-60 FPS @ 2560 x 1440. I'm looking forward to gsync providing me with smooth game play when/if that happens.

Screen tearing will be gone on 144Hz monitor, even without GSync.
Gsync will make games on lower fps e.g. 40 to look smoother than without GSync....just do not expect miracle to make 40 fps smoother than 90 fps tho'.

TRENDING THREADS