Computer starting up on its own

hef3122

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
Within the past few days, I've noticed that if I try to shut my computer down, within 3-5 seconds it will power up again on its own. I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or if I should be asking this in a different forum category.

Note that I built this computer within the last few weeks. I transferred some components from my old computer (500GB HDD, 250GB SSD, video card, power supply). I also bought new components (NZXT Source 530 Case, memory, liquid cooling, fans, CPU, motherboard, optical drive, 3TB HDD, headset) to complete the build.

I have tried the following:
-disabled Wake On Lan in the bios
-going through all scheduled tasks to see if anything has the authority to wake up the computer. The ones that do have this power I've either disabled, deleted, or changed the setting
-gone into power settings and disabled tasks from waking computer
-gone into power settings and changed to various settings regarding hibernating, sleep, and hard disk shut down (not that this would make the computer wake up)
-gone into device manager and checked all devices that could possibly have the ability to wake up the computer from low power state such as USB mouse, network adapters, etc. I disabled these.
-ran a malware scan, which turned up nothing (malwarebytes)
-ran a virus scan, which turned up nothing (windows defender)

I checked the event log last night. My computer was set up to turn off hard disks after 20 minutes. It woke up from "low power state" about every half hour. It's possible that it's been doing this for a while and I just haven't noticed it.

Any help would be appreciated here. Obviously I could just unplug it every night, but I'd rather solve the problem than just treat the symptoms.

My Specs:
Operating System:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU:
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.0GHz
Power Supply:
Corsair TX650
RAM:
16.0GB G.Skill V Series Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 3000MHz (2x 8GB dimms)
Motherboard:
Gigabyte z170x Gaming GT- [G1 Gaming]
Graphics:
nVidia GTX 950
Storage:
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (boot + windows + various games)
Seagate Barracuda 3TB internal HDD (recently installed)
WD Blue 500GB
Optical Drives:
ASUS DVD rom
Audio:
Corsair VOID wireless RGB
Mouse:
Logitech Gaming Mouse G600
Cooling:
H100i v2 liquid cooling unit
3x scythe slipstream fans (front intake x2, rear exhaust x1), 2x NZXT case fans (bottom intake)

I can provide additional system info if needed

hef3122

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

Just tried this. Shut down the computer, and it started up on its own after 3 seconds. 3 seconds seems to be the standard right now.

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I have experienced several Windows 10 doing this when there are updates to be installed, once restarted to let the updates install, the issue has been solved.
Maybe see if this could be the solution for you as well.