windows 10 login problem

wseamon12

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
Malwarebytes said a bunch of files needed to be quarantined. I went ahead and did it. I was running a test, and it asked me to restart. Mindlessly, I said yes. Windows 10 then failed to load into my account, stating something like: we have failed to log into your account(logging out and back in normally solves this). I tried that about 12 times, but no beans. I then stupidly pressed switch to local account. Made a local account, didn't know this got rid of Microsoft account. Switched back to Microsoft account. Turns out my local password isn't the same as the Microsoft account password, and I don't have the phone with the authenticator anymore. My sons Microsoft account works but all my data is gone till I get my account back hopefully. I believe when I quarentined those files one of them was an account file or something. I tried restoring the files, but since I was on a temp account I couldn't change files, and it didn't let me restore when I was logged into a non temp account.

Sorry, on mobile

Tl;dr: malwarebytes quarentined(I think) a account file and locked me out of my computer. Local password and Microsoft password somehow are different. Don't have authenticator. Can't restore quarentined file.

Solution
Its best if you use your microsoft account, like hotmail, live account provided by them.
Next reset the password for it, change the password to something you can remember easily but not others to figure out quickly.
Make sure your computer is hooked up to the internet so once you save your new password.
It'll reflect to the windows microsoft login account and let you back in with the correct password.
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-account-name-windows-10-sign-screen
Its best if you use your microsoft account, like hotmail, live account provided by them.
Next reset the password for it, change the password to something you can remember easily but not others to figure out quickly.
Make sure your computer is hooked up to the internet so once you save your new password.
It'll reflect to the windows microsoft login account and let you back in with the correct password.
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-account-name-windows-10-sign-screen

Solution

TRENDING THREADS